Special talk

by 5thGeneration 7 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

We had our "Special" Talk on Sunday.

It was incredible. It was all about what happened in the Garden of Eden and the issue of Universal Sovereignty. I was fascinated! These must be new thoughts! LOL

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The "Special Talk" sucked as usual. It even sucked when I gave it 6 yrs ago, though back then I thought it was oh so special!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Jesus Christ was not even mentioned in the whole hour. Nor in the following Witchtower study.

HB

• Rooster
    Rooster
    Jesus Christ was not even mentioned in the whole hour. Nor in the following Witchtower study.

HB

The organization has the Governing Body they don't need Jesus..

Remember Jesus already returned and put them in charge. RIGHT….

Satan the devil was the founder of the WTBTS!

He has turned it over to one of his fellow rebellious spirits.

• Mary
    Mary

Well now, why take up valuable time talking about Jesus when you could be promoting the Governing Body instead? After all, Jesus isn't OUR Mediator----the Governing Body is. We aren't the F&DS: the GB is.

I'm just waiting for a Brand New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures to come out that inserts the phrase "Governing Body" where the Tetragrammaton is.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I have to refute that a little bit.

I think the Org. does a pretty good job in it's portrayal of Jesus.

For example, the 'Greatest Man' book to me is pretty good.

P.S. Except of course that I believe Jesus DID die on a cross not a stake.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Tell me more, like did they use Genesis 3:15?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

5GEN -

The Greatest man Book rocks because most of it is simple exposition of the Gospel.

But there is nothing in it you could not have learned from any other great christian tradition.

The end prophecies of Matt 24 etc, are so loaded with WT imagery we have no idea of what it must have meant to the disciples.

AS for the logic of "so Jesus said that the end would come in the lifetime of those who saw it come" what does that mean?

Also why do they omit the account of the woman caught in adultery? (cast not the first stone) Just because it appears in different MS in different places does not invalidate the lesson, does it?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit