Its the spirit, not the letter of the law....

by Deacon 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Deacon
    Deacon

Aaah,
    The eternal debate rages on.

I was just looking through the posts of the last 3 weeks.

I guess we as members of this board really have no intention of complying with requests either

Simon asked us to behave....so far, no deal,
    Simon asked us to limit posts to 25 a day so as to not spam, and also so as to help him with the volume of traffic.

What happened? people make a second user id so as to overcome the 25 a day limit.

Is it me or is it just a human trait to abuse the good nature of a friend and benefactor?

We dont want rules, we dont want to help.....we just is plain looking out for ourselves...

sheesh...

• Amazing
    Amazing

Deacon: There are 2,806 User Ids. Just how many do you include in your claim, when you say:

"I guess we as members of this board really have no intention of complying with requests either."

My impression is that the numbers of people pushing the envelope are few by comparison, and they don't always do it. It seems as if we are debating and fueling a usless issue. Maybe the best course is to move on to other topics and the problem will take care of itself as it has in the past. - Amazing

• Deacon
    Deacon

Its not the impressions, its the reality...

35% of the user ids will be seconds or more.

The point made is that where a request for compliance is made, some look for ways around it without thinking of the financial costs involved for Simon.

25 posts a day is enough to answer rebuttals or disagree with someone. You used one of yours here.

Now everyone is aware of something that they perhaps did not think through...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit