by Simon 6 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

I've applied some fixes to the avatar uploading to make it cope better with larger images. If you've been trying to update yours and it hasn't been working, maybe give it another try.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Simon,

Thanks for all the time and work you put into this forum. Just curious why my new avatar shows up when I make a new comment but didn't change in my old posts or comments. Not a big deal but the old avatar is still in use there. Is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks !

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Just checking to see if my picture showed up.
  • LadyVelvet
    LadyVelvet

Finally we can upload avatars here Yay!! Thank you Simon. I could not use my old profile and name as I could not remember what email address I used so I had to start a brand new account. I used to be Deceived.

Merry Christmas from Ontario Canada 

• Simon
    Simon

It's more efficient to apply the current avatar to new posts made and leave the old ones as they were at the time as otherwise it's a lot of updates and cache-invalidation. Sometimes the avatar is part of the discussion so it would make those confusing too. 

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    I was able to change mine for the first time in years. I used the gravatar one this time, though I will be getting a new one soon.
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Simon, I agree.  I like being able to see the old avatars.  It is part of the history of the user.  I remember reading old posts or jokes referring to avatars and not having a clue because the avatars were changed.

I am just glad I changed avatars before your update because my old one was down right scary.😨

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit