What things can I show that can "prove" the JW's are not the "only true"

by FreedomFrog 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

ok, some of you have seen the thread I started about disproving the bible. I've got lots of good information. So now, what other things can I use that will help my case. I was suggested in looking into "Lies, hypocrisy (pedophile situation, 607, Mexico". Where can I get this info and are there any more that may help get my mom to see things a bit different. How SHOULD I handle this? I think that my mom would be more open, because I've "caught" her starting to see what I was trying to say. But then my Dad or a friend of hers would be able to disprove it. Is there anything that they can't disprove. And is the Quotes thing still down?

FF

• jstalin
    jstalin

Where the heck was the GB between 1AD and circa 1880? How does the GB represent the FDS? Please explain, using only the bible, how to arrive at the 1914 doctrine.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Well, they didn't "disprove" it. They just "reasoned" with her to show why they felt the way they felt. If I can find something that makes a flag or 2 go up in her mind, that will get something rolling, I think.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Nothing, because the JW's are God's organization on earth and anything they believe that is false will be correct in time by 'new light' therefore there is no way to disprove that they are not who they claim to be.

• Lutece67
    Lutece67

You can find all of quotes info here

http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

FreedomFrog,

It is too tall of an order to find a few things to "disprove" and trying to disprove the Bible is not going to work with the JWs. They will only think that you are a nutcase, and they will leave.

The golden key with JWs is to ask questions: If you are interested in helping them to wake up and see the organization for what it is, then learn to ask questions. Put the burden of proof on them. Then, when they apparantly seem to offer some "proof" of their position, then applaud them for the reference. However, tell them you want to think it over, and explore it next visit. During that time, you can ask here on the board and get ideas. When the JWs come back, don't attempt to show off what you have and rub it in their faces. Rather, build a set of new questions based on what you received from talking on line. Don't tell them your source, just ask questions. This is the best form of critical thinking exercises you can get the JWs to use. It will take time, perhaps many months, but eventually they will reach a point where they keep going forward or cut you off.

Jim Whitney

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The previous poster is right. The only way is to put the burden of proof on them. When they have become stretched in their own reasonings it will be easy to ask more questions they simply won't be able to answer. Some main questions I have thought about,
    -Prove 1914 with ONLY the bible (as mentioned before)
    -Why are books and articles written by the Society said to have been part of the fullfillment of Bible prophecy when they are no longer even produced? Are not the Sacred pronouncements of God more accurate than a few years.
    -Why would Jesus Christ select an organization to be the sole channel of communication to mankind in 1919 when the cover of their major publication for that year had a pagan symbol on the cover?
    -Could not the preaching of the good news refer to the global spreading of Christianity over hundreds of years since the appearance of Christ?
    -Why is 144,000 viewed at literal when we know Revelation to be a SYMBOLIC book?
    -Why are the "other sheep" not the gentiles?
    -Why do we focus on the "faithful and discreet slave" in Matthews account, but rarely ever refer to the "faithful steward" in Lukes account?
    -Dosn't 1 Pet 4:10 show that we are all stewards working for the master?
    -Is the Good News the message about Jesus Christ, or is it the Bibles message as interpreted by Jehovahs Witnesses?
    -Since it has taken Jehovahs Witnesses over 120 years to develop what their doctrines of "truth" are, is it even possible that other followers of God in the past, even during Bible times believed the same things?

Just a few I thought up.

• toreador
    toreador
    -Why are books and articles written by the Society said to have been part of the fullfillment of Bible prophecy when they are no longer even produced? Are not the Sacred pronouncements of God more accurate than a few years.

Which ones are you referring to?

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit