Something funny!

by LaCatolica 3 Replies latest jw friends

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

Last night, my (inactive) JW husband joked about how they have found Judas' gospel and how it's all BS. I said, "Oh leave him alone, he has a right to share his side of the story...they have found his account, I'd like to hear it, just like all the others...besides it's not like the Bible is all true, many of the things on there have been written so many times over the years that who knows what's true anymore." He quickly said, "We do (meaning JWs)"......I laughed, "Hahahahahaah, sweetheart, please, ONLY GOD KNOWS THE TRUTH...NOT ANY BOOK OR GROUP OF PEOPLE."....He just looked at me and walked away!

He's still full of it, how arrogant...This is why I'd rather not discuss any religious topics with him...he's got a one-sided, one-tract mind!!! Too bad!!!

I also mentioned how I plan on enrolling our daughter in a very prestigious private Catholic academy...and he was like, "no, she's getting home schooled"....again, I laughed, and replied.."Why, so she can become an anti-social person, I DON'T THINK SO"....hahah..

*Ahhh, the wonders of being married to one (JW)...it's so much freakin' fun!!!!

Just thought I'd share!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

LaCatolica,

I loved how you just laughed it off. When I first left the Borg. my hubby was still deep in. I tried to use humor to, to make him see how ridiculous some of the beliefs are. Thats all you can do and don't take him too seriously. I think it kind of funny though (even though I know it must be hard at times) that you are Catholic and he is JW. Because the JWs HATE everything Catholic. Probably because they have Catholic envy. They tried to copy their hierarchy from the Catholics among other things. But too bad, the JWs are so UNHAPPY and the Catholics are some of the HAPPIEST people I know! No wonder they envy you guys. LOL

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Last night, my (inactive) JW husband joked about how they have found Judas' gospel and how it's all BS.

Interesting. Has he outlined the "BS" or is he just making generalized accusations without offering any proof?

Hold him to the fire! If he says something, force him to demonstrate it or tell him he's full of crap.

I love to do that when someone says that internet sites or books about JWs are "all lies". Ok, please point out the lies. THEY NEVER CAN.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Like the rewriting of the bible by the witchtower publishing company. The word witness is used in the place of testify.

If you witnessed something and then shared what you saw would you be witnessing or testifying?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit