convention kickback? Beaumont, TX

by blindersoff 5 Replies latest jw friends

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    03/28/2006
    20 groups divvy up hotel occupancy taxes
    By Beth Gallaspy , The Enterprise

BEAUMONT - More than 20 different organizations will share in $370,778.98 in hotel occupancy tax money to promote tourism-related events and projects in Jefferson County.

Advertisement
    Click Here
    Jefferson County Commissioners Court approved the distribution of the money Monday, following recommendations of the county's tourism commission. The commission is a group of volunteers appointed by the court. State law restricts use of the money to tourism activities.

Recipients are:
  • sir82
    sir82

What was that scripture that they like to quote to us every 5 minutes? "Not using the world to the full"? "No part of the world"? Something like that.

Apparently, those no longer apply!

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

I wonder if this is a can that could be opened to let out worms from all over the country.

B

• JeffT
    JeffT

Call the ACLU and complain about separation of church and state. That ought to get somebody's attention.

• LDH
    LDH

Actually, when the Sunday talk is given, and the sheep are talked to about how much in the hole the Assembly is, they won't be including this little snippet.

I helped coordinate a facility rental for a school event--the whole rental cost us about $12,000. Can you imagine, only about a $2000.

Now when the JW hold this assembly, you can guarantee they won't say they only need to make up about $4 or $5 thousand dollars.....

Lisa

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

This is nothing new. I believe that Dogpatch posted something on the Long Beach Arena giving the J-Dubs a sweetheart deal for the use of it in return for below market value repairs. In other words, "brothers" in construction volunteering their time & efforts in return for lower rent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit