Simpson-isms or what the cast of the Simpson know that we don't

by looking_glass 1 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Okay, so I was reading the Onion today and they had a list of Simpson quotes for every day use. It made me think of people here who have said that they feel like they wasted their life. Here is the quote in the iOnion.

Quote: Ohhh, I've wasted my life

Episode: Treehouse of Horror VIII (10/26/97)

Context on the show: While reading a comic and loudly lecturing Aquaman on his romantic choices, the Comic Book Guy sees a missle bearing down on him and comes to sad terms with his impending death.

Real life uses: Useful at virtually any moment of self realization or self awareness.

I also feel that South Park has a lot (even more) applicable sayings or episodes that relate to JWs, ex-JWs or any fantical religion. Anyone else here have a favorite humerous sayings that they think their fellow believers/non believers would enjoy.

- Hidelio Ho There Neighbor

• inquirer
    inquirer

The Simpons had many good stories and sayings. I use them in real life to my friends more times that I can remember. And I said to this guy I am sick of channel 10 repeating the same old episodes time after time after time again. He agreed. And when I said it was around 1994-95 was when The Simpsons started to produce crap, lame stories and ran out of ideas.

tone. I think that helps as well. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit