Jack at telicthoughts defends WTS on blood!

by outofit 4 Replies latest jw friends

• outofit
    outofit

He writes:

Ethel said: "That is certainly true in terms of private opinions. But, e.g., I happen to think that Jehovah's Witnesses (as well as ID proponents) are crackpots and have provided some examples of quotes (up the thread) from their literature to demonstrate that their medical beliefs are not just religious - they claim scientific credibility too "

Don't you think most Chrisitian believers are crackpots? Your JW quotes are all hopelessly outdated, being over 40 years old. The current JW blood policy is considerably different from the one 40 years ago. The JW belief that taking a blood transfusion is against God's law is based soley on Scripture, most notably Acts 15: 28-29 that says to "abstain from blood".

Current JW literature is scientifically correct when it points out the medical risks associated with taking blood transfusions. You seem to be confusing two separate issues here. Whether or not blood transfusions are right or wrong is a moral question that JW's seek to answer solely from Scripture. Science has nothing to do with it. On the other hand, when reporting on the medical risks associated with taking blood transfusions JW's rely on evidence coming from the scientific community.

I'd say a rsponse from some posters here would be useful - lots of people read Telic Thoughts which is devoted to Intelligent Design discussions. It does no good for someone to be defending the WTS especially based on bad information - apparently he had a neighbor who was a JW

Here's the link

http://telicthoughts.com/?p=656#comment-12116

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Outfit,

DIrect Jack to read, "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation." Jack is clueless about how WRONG and MISQUOTED the WTS's "scientific" data is scewed. Jack operates with the confidence that only ignorance can muster.

Skeeter

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

Skeeter, Thanks - I made a post over there but some support would help from this board if anyone would be kind enough to share their perspectives. outofit

• sf
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I dropped a small note on that thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit