Fort Jehovah

by justsomedude 3 Replies latest jw friends

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I was recently in a central american country and saw something that really blew my mind.

There was a kingdom hall behind what had to be 14 foot gates and it looked to have much more in common with a military compound than a place of worship. I really wish I could have gotten pictures of it, but I always seemed to be in that area at night when the pictures werent worth a damn.

I guess its not terribly surprising considering that is not too far off the fashion in building down there, but I couldnt help but think about the dubs constant reminder that we didnt need to fear what men could do because we had gods backing...... but just in case, were building a fort.

JSD

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

justsomedude was that by any chance in El Salvador? In San Salvador? The reason I ask is because my boyfriends family are all from there and he described the Jehovah's witness 'place' exactly like that!

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Actually it was in Costa Rica, in San Jose.

• White Waves
    White Waves

As a former "elder's daughter" I have seen several JW Halls located in inner Milwaukee, WI that had high chainlink fences and one that had barbed wire on the top. The MS's from other halls or other meeting times patrolled the premises. 10 minutes after the "barbed wire" congregation started services, the gates were locked. That hall had at least 2 congregations at the time. Before my elder dad took us there for there for his Sunday talk, he took his hubcaps off and when we got there and parked he had us close the curtains in the van to hide the interior. There is trust in God for ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit