Would Jesus ?

by scrubmaster 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

I have been thinking about this for a while and while a lot of things posted here deal with directing at the wrong things in the org -- here is another way to look at things. For those that do not believe in the bible or Jesus -- this will not be relevant.....

If Jesus were here on the earth today in charge of the congregation - -would he give the elders a flock book and then tell them this is what is to be used, with out the friends knowledge when it came to judicial cases. Would he threaten ones who look at it? of course the answer is no.

Would have call those who have sin into some secret room and then ask them all types of questions to determine if they were repentant or not? Or would he expose those religious leaders who put heavy loads on the rank and file and often times seem more bent on dfing then showing loving help?

We he strongly condemn the UN as being the disgusting thing and the wild beast and then sign up for a library card to get access to information the wildbeast had to offer? Especially if a signing up was not needed to get access to the library.

Would he every month look to collect field service reports to see how spiritual a person was? Could you imagine him turning to Peter and saying how many field services hours did you put in this month?

Could you image Jesus providing endless rules or guidelines for the congregation or would he just set forth principles for the ones in the congregation, realizing that those who truly love him will following the principles with out needing rules or a lot of things.

Could you image Jesus ruling that once DF a person would have to stay out at least a year before they could reapply to get back into good standing. Is there a time limit on when a person is truly repentant is it just possible that it could be a few weeks days or months ( ie Peter denying the Christ and Jesus did not DF him)

Would Jesus one year say that something is a sin and then change his mind later to say it was not a sin?

These are just a few of the things I came up with. I am sure there is plenty more

• Shazard
    Shazard

Answers for Christians are obvous as they know Jesus personally. For JW it is harder, as they don't know Jesus personally (how can you know one if you don't talk to him never) all they claim they are taking in knowledge.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

No. Jesus would not have done any of that. That is why I left. Christ said "my sheep hear my voice and follow me". Once I really HEARD Christ, I followed.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

...think he'd wear a suit ?

• White Waves
    White Waves

Once I realized my prayers were being answered all along, just not through WBTS or anyone belonging to JWs, and I accepted the answers to my prayers from (SHOCK!!) non-JWs, my life kept getting better and better. I KNOW that I have a real relationship with GOD and Jesus. I am at peace for the 1st time in my life. Not only that, WTBS undermine any personal confidence, independance or individuality. Now, I am getting to know me and what I really want. The first few non-JWs I trusted and accepted help and friendship from proved by far to be better than any friends I thought I had in the WBTS.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Good points... a few more..

disfellowship a person for smoking or anything else?

forbid sex practices within the marriage arrangement?

have all the future prophesies wrong?

forbid beards? Or anything trivial thing..?

The JW's have no idea how kind Jesus was...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit