Flat out lie.

by bob1999 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Why, then, do the nations not realize and accept the approach of this climax of judgment? It is because they have not heeded the world wide advertising of Christ’s return and his second Presence. Since long before World War I Jehovah’s witnesses pointed to 1914 as the time for this great event to occur."

(WT 1954 June 15 p. 370)

The WTS taught;

The time of the Lord’s second presence dates from 1874...

(The Harp of God 1921 p. 231)

The Scriptures show that the second presence (of the Lord) was due in 1874... This proof shows that the Lord has been present since 1874...

(WT March 1, 1923 p. 67)

Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt that in the mind of a truly consecrated child of God that the Lord Jesus Christ is present and has been since 1874.

(WT January 1, 1924 p. 5)

The second coming of the Lord therefore began in 1874...

(Creation 1927 pp. 289, 291, 297, 298, 318)

The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D.

(Prophecy 1929 p. 65)

In fact from 1889 until 1930, “Jesus has been present since 1914” The Golden Age magazine (1930 p.503)", the WTS taught that 1874 was date of the second presence. Didn't anyone notice that in 1954 they tried to change history? Tried to make us think that 1914 was always the date that they taught as the second presence?

The more I learn about the WTS, the harder it is to believe anyone pays any attention to this outfit at all.

(Please check my facts and let me know if I have it wrong)

Thank you.....

• Gopher
    Gopher

For them to say JW's pointed to 1914 ahead of time is wrong. JW's didn't even exist until 1931. (The "Watchtower Society" and "Bible Students" existed, but there was no such thing as JW's.)

Before 1914, they believed Christ was invisibly present. They believed the end of the present system would come in 1914.

Now of course, they say they REALLY meant that Christ would arrive invisibly in 1914.

It's revisionist history.

As if the world leaders were supposed to listen to what the Watchtower leadership was saying. The Watchtower is like the fly on the tail of an elephant.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Good stuff Bob. We were all trapped in cult thinking and it makes it hard to question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit