i dont have to get ready

by Ellie 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

Even if you have been out for a while, does it ever hit you that you don't have to get ready and rush out to a meeting?

I just looked at the clock, its 18.30, if I were still in I'd be screaming at the kids now to get ready for the book study, but here I am, not even made dinner yet.

Life is good!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Must be nice!

• juni
    juni

Yes, Ellie.

We raised 4 kids in the religion. When they were babies it meant packing up that diaper bag and getting them changed into their jammies before we left the hall so that they could go right to bed when we got home. Same thing when they were toddlers.

Then as they got older it was getting them inside from playing to get ready for 2 hrs. of boring crap.

Then as teens it was trying to keep them going and trying to explain the hypocrisy. It was hopeless.

And then you have assemblies and f. service.

Yikes. It was torture!!

Juni

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I hadn't been for about 6 months, when I attended the memorial, and from about 3pm I was starting to be 'restless' thinking of getting the kids showered etc, tea sorted out in time, what to wear.. etc etc.

I realised that although the meetings started at 7 and were 2 hours long, it took a couple of hours before hand to get sorted out for them, it's just bliss to come home from work on a Tuesday and do whatever I like!

Poppy x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit