Those Who Hide What They Are

by twain30 5 Replies latest jw friends

• twain30
    twain30

I found the Watchtower Study comment concerning associating with those on the Internet who, "Hide what they are"-Ps.26:4, very disturbing and completely taken out of context. I've watched the WBTS carefully cover over important facts about the dates 1919, 1925, and 1975; shifting the blame and diverting the attention of the Publishers.

Having called the Service Dept. on many occasions, not once have I ever received the name of the brother I was speaking with. The UN Scandal should also be brought up, among other things.

Didn't Abraham on one occasion hide the facts as to who he was? Didn't David disguise himself as someone demented to fool the Phillistines? I guess it all depends on circumstances and your view of Theocratic War Strategy.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

The WTBTS has prostituted itself to an Organisation (UN) it publicly despises, and which it believes/preaches God despises too.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I found the Watchtower Study comment concerning associating with those on the Internet who, "Hide what they are"-Ps.26:4

Lol - and the WTBTS is STILL trying to hide what IT DID regarding the UN. Hypocrites. Not even the decency to 'come clean'. JW in the UK are mostly completely unaware of this.

.....and HELLO TWAIN :)

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

They hide what they are when they go around offering "free home Bible studies" which really have many strings attached. There is very little studying of the Bible either. Later on, the student finds out there is an expectation they will get baptized into the cult and donate their time and money for the rest of their lives. Free???

• carla
    carla

Hiding what they are!? They must be joking. How many jw's admit to even being a jw at the door? Why must you ask them point blank, are you a jw? They don't give their names very freely at the door either and then only a first name. How about the translators of the NWT? no names there either. Or the wt's or awakes.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I was under the impression, as a dub, that the reason the head honchos a.k.a GB as well as others who rank way up on the Watchtower totem pole hide who they are, due to their inestimable humility. Wow was I wrong. They're just scared of people due to the damage they've done. And what the consequences could be.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit