Question about elders

by Ellie 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've read somewhere that elders have threatened people, said such things as "If you do that you are in big trouble" etc.

What I would like to know is, what can they do anyway?

If you are already disfellowshipped or disassociated then what is the problem?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They are toothless snakes.

People only have as much control over you as you let them have. The worst they can do is impose their opinions on your loved ones. It becomes the responsibility of said loved ones to then act according to what they believe.

As for direct punitive action... Sorry, that makes me laugh - bwahahahaha......

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They are toothless snakes.

Sorta like vipers with no venom, huh?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Aye, but they'll give ya a nasty suck

ewww...

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Aye, but they'll give ya a nasty suck ...

yikes!

• juni
    juni

Hi Ellie,

These guys ARE spineless, toothless vipers who feel that they can intimidate you into OBEYING.

To be fair, there are some kind elders, but they either have to fall in line w/the wolf pack or step down or put up or shut up. Saw that happen also.

Juni

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

LT is right on the mark with his point on control. It is a question of perspective; if you perceive elders to be authority figures then you will no doubt be in fear of them forever more; if you perceive them to be men with no power then they will not have any controlling influence over your life at all. The WTS suggests they are shepherds...BOLLOCKS! They are co-managers over a local branch office of a large multinational corporation; their position is an extension of control over their members and the more power given to them the more they will take and ultimately the more they will use it. Sceptical faders, those still on the inside as well as those not mentally free of the witnesses are the most vulnerable to this exercise of power and they must develop tactics to take back control over their own lives. It takes some time...its taken 10 years for me to be in the position I am, and I dont mind admitting it is only after being here did I really start to take control over my own life back again. DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit