What if . . .

by Justin 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Justin
    Justin

the WTS had continued to keep older publications (Russell, Rutherford, etc.) in print for those who wanted to do historical research? It seems that people are now learning about "old light" and doctrinal changes when they begin to become disillusioned, but if they knew about these matters when they were still zealous JWs, perhaps they wouldn't be so shocked later. It would be like developing immunity to a disease. Of course, the WTS had no way of knowing that the internet would eventually reveal what had been allowed to go out of print.

• osmosis
    osmosis

I don't think that would work. Active JWs have a serious denial problem, I doubt their minds would really process the information at the time. If they started to have doubts and/or left the bOrg, THEN it would finally hit them, as though they hadn't learned it until that point.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I don't think it would work either. If you think about it, there are a number of families that have been JWs for years (including mine) and they have their own library with all kinds of old books, mags and old time records and this still does not cause people to leave. They just laugh over it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit