Medical "treatments"

by merfi 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• merfi
    merfi

As I sit here with pinkeye farmcat eyes (this is one of the worst things I've ever been through LOL It's HORRIBLE! Please send me 'aw merf, get better soon' vibes and a cyber hot-toddy. Gawd, I'm a whiner today.), waiting for the antibiotic drops to kick in, I wonder what heebie jeebie treatment the sisters at the KH would prescribe for me in lieu of modern medicine...

Here, there was a phase of putting peroxide in water as a cure-all, which was then nudged out by vinegar in water (WTH is wrong with a slice of lemon?!). The elder's mom tried some kind of weird thing from Mexico, and according to "iridology", her cancer was getting better. (um, she died shortly after this 'getting better' prognosis) A sister-in-law used some sort of mushroom water to cure a thyroid 'thing'. The list goes on...

~merfi

• juni
    juni

Heh Merfi,

My granddaughter just got over pinkeye. You probably picked it up from some youngster.

Yeah ol' Devil eyes. Let's see.................................... I only had it once and it is awful; I feel for you. Just follow the doc's orders and you should be a lot better in a few days. In our cong. way back in time, there was the exodus to Tijuana, MX to the clinic there. They once used Laetrile (ground apricot seeds) and other herbs. It was to be the "miracle cures". But unfortunately those that went did die. There was always some "wierd" advice from others that was suppose to cure anything.

Juni

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

OMG Juni - that is one yucky picture!!

Murfi - you poor thing. Pink eye is highly contagious - it spreads so easily in schools/daycare etc.

It seems like JW's are really into the "alternate" treatments. I know my m-i-l has tried just about everything. She goes to an iridologist (sp?) that is a brother. He sells her all kinds of pills - it's just a big money making scheme. I know of JW's that have travelled to Mexico for cancer treatments, another brother that brewed the tea from mushrooms for his lung cancer - didn't save them.

I heard that there is supposed to be a talk at the DC about "alternative" medical treatments.

I don't think all alternative medical treatments are scams, but people do have to be careful.

BB

• juni
    juni

I didn't post the picture of the eye to gross people out. Sorry.

It only emphasises what Merf is contending with - and like you said - it's highly contagious.

Juni

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I use to get it all the time as a kid. As well as "a cold" in my eye. I never figured that one out??? I never realized how often I rub my eyes until I kept getting yuckies in my eye and the doctor said stop touching your face!!! Who knew??? Extra special good happy vibes going out to you right now.

• delilah
    delilah

Oh, yuk!!!! That picture is gross.....sorry for your ailment, Merfi. I've never had pink eye, but my cousins always seemed to get it. Then again, they had a small hobby farm, lots of rabbits too....my aunt always said to boil water, let it cool, then use a cotton swab to wash across the eyelid. I know it works for minor eye irritation.

• blondie
    blondie

How Is It Treated?
    Medical treatment for most cases of bacterial conjunctivitis consists of prescription antibiotic drops or ointment for the eyes. (The ointment is thick and as a result may temporarily blur vision.) The medication is usually given for about 1 week. Although viral infections typically do not require antibiotics, your child's doctor might treat a suspected case of viral conjunctivitis with eyedrops or ointment to prevent an additional bacterial infection or because it might be difficult to determine whether the infection is caused by a bacterium or a virus.

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

Don't remember exactly how old I was, but it was before I turned 5 y.o.a. I'd wake with my eyes matted shut and start crying, (probably yowling). My father used his time honored method of dealing with it. Spank me. Same went for earaches, if I cried with an earache, he'd spank or whip me. I didn't think about it as a kid, but reflecting back, and knowing how his brother beat his son, (my cousin) when he had ear aches, I have to wonder if they didn't learn their "healing" methods from their mother. She was a strict disciplinarian. I guess I was lucky in a way, it always seemed like my Uncle beat my cousin harder than my dad did me. Ahhh....the memories.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

make sure you throw out your eyeshadow brushes and any cosmetics that could be contaminated. You don't want to get it again after you clear it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit