At the zoo with a dub...

by Princess 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

I went to the zoo with my cousin's wife and kids today. They are in town from Wisconsin to say goodbye to his mom who is dying from breast cancer. Mulan and I thought it would be nice to get the three kids out of the house for the day. It was. Anyway, she is still a loyal dub probably very torn with all the compromises they have made in associating with all us apostates. We were watching a beautiful cougar stretching and rolling around scratching his back when she said (drumroll please) "I can't wait to pet one". It was really hard not to laugh. She was obviously referring to the time when after God kills millions of innocent people, he allows the dubs to pet the cougars.

Princess

• peacepipe
    peacepipe

my JW friend said that all people will be resurected and then given a chance to follow Jehovah. . .we never got into everyone but none JW's get killed. Maybe she skipped that part.

You have to admit though Paradise earth, petting tigers, eating fresh fruit, it sure doesn't sound bad. It would be like an eternal vacation????

Cute story. :)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Princess,

You may find this ironic, but with all the heavy stuff, aggro and bile being found here these past few days, your post was like a breath of fresh air!

I believe it was Ray Franz who expressed the Witness beliefs as being spiritual materialism. Thoughts of "soon", "one day" petting the cougars may help her cope with the distress and awfulness of the present. Who wouldn't want to live in paradise with no badness and where every heart's desire is fulfilled? It keeps the sick faithful to the borg and it keeps the healthy striving for more.

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with Christianity where the Gospel has everything to do with a personal relationship with Jesus and nothing to do with what material possessions you will gain as a result.

Glad you could show some human kindness to them. Perhaps in years to come they will look back on this time and think with favour upon the non-JWs in the family.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

It's a very sad type of materialism - a kind of "soon, but not yet" one. On one hand the R&F are taunted by visions of being able to relax and romp with the wild animals in the new system, while on the other they're discouraged from even the therapeutic value of a domestic cat or dog in the current system because they can distract one from the all pervasive preaching work.

• joelbear
    joelbear

actually,

just how interesting would wild animals be if all they did was lay around and eat grass.

is it exciting to pet a cow?

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I think it would be degrading for such a beautiful killer as the cougar and tiger to be reduced to chewing on flora all day. They are beautiful (stripes, spots, binocular vision, claws, teeth, eyes that reflect light) because they are killers. Death is a part of the cycle of life.

If she wants to pet a cougar she should volunteer at the local zoo, go to college and take veterinary medicine and work at a zoo later on.

-Dan

• ballistic
    ballistic

what is the society's view on carnivorous animals? Are they still stating "they'll loose their teeth and claws" or do they admit now that predatory cats (for instance) are completely "built" for killing?

• Princess
    Princess

Hi Ozzie,

Thanks for your response, glad to be of assistance. I really hadn't thought of it being a way to cope with the present situation. Made me stop and think about it awhile after I read your post.

I have wondered how they are dealing with Sharon's death and more importantly what they will teach their children about it. Sharon is disfellowshipped. Will the children learn their grandma will not be resurrected? According to the drivel, she is not worthy because the elders made a decision without ever meeting with Sharon. It makes me sad to think about it. Sharon is such a lovely person and hopefully her grandchildren will know that someday and it won't be clouded over by the fact that she was disfellowshipped when she died.

Princess

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Joelbear, I think it's straw not grass?

Spiders spinning webs to catch the straw in their webs...

Ticks drinking the blood of straw...

Slipnslidemaster: "If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?"
    - Seymour Cray

• LDH
    LDH

Oh Stephanus that post was so funny.

This is the least of the JDub pie in the sky dream. The one that really frosts my n*****s is the one where people allow themselves through poor diet and exercise to become sick sick sick. Then instead of working on getting better, they 'long for the day when Jehovah restores them to perfect health.'

UUGGGHHH. Mom are you listening?

Princess, it's hard to bite your tongue sometimes isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit