Who does the Bible readings from the New World Translation tapes?

by inquirer 4 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

I've always wanted to know that. My mum was telling me about this conversation she had with a JW that taught her the "truth," and that one of those speakers on the Bible Tapes was disfellowshipped and thought it might be Raymond Franz? Is that true? Love to know who's voices those people are!!! One of them had a London style accent, another has a "archaic American accent" and the guy who reads out Matthew has the most amazing voice, even though he might be a GB memeber.

• IW
    IW

Hi Inquirer,

The Gospel of John was the first Gospel the Society recorded in 1979, I believe the date is correct but not totally sure. Raymond Franz recorded that original tape but the Society re-recorded it after he left. I have his tape, he did a very good job. The brother who did the recording after him also did a good job. I do enjoy the British accents!

IW

• inquirer
    inquirer

Oh thanks IW... But do you or anyone else know who did the recordings? The voices of all the books of the Bible. I would love to know. I had no idea that Raymond Franz had recorded his and then redone with someone else.

British or American accents are fine with me! :)

• orbison11
    orbison11

i do recall, in the late 80s, my x, still a jw,,,was asked to submit a demo of his voice,,

he was a professional singer,,,albeit the bro's discouraged him greatly from a career in music --duh (prince, etc)

they were going to do a tape of singing with the song book music

something like that

orb

• inquirer
    inquirer

Great Orbison -- do you like Roy Orbison? He was not bad for that sort of music. :) He was good in the Travelling Wilburys! :)

Um, yeah, too picky, too picky with your ex not being able to do the Bible voiceover...!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit