Where the grass is greener?

by EAGLE-1 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Christendom vs. Watchtower

Dear Friends

I have no interest or desire to be a part of the JW cult. I have no desire to join any other Christian denomination. The reason I will not join any other Christian denomination is over their historical reputations and their belief systems. By historical I mean the religious wars,the inquisition,genocide,etc. Even if the religious denomination apologizes for its past I still have a problem with their acts in the past. It indicates to me that their actions were guided by human nature and not by a supreme being guiding them. I will not try and give my opinion of history but heres the point I am trying to make.

Some Reasons people dislike Watchtower and I agree

1-Watchtower gets the 607 thing wrong

2-Blood transfusion deaths

3-Child abuse

4-Too controlling and intrusive

5-nevermind this list might get too long

Some of us leave for these reasons and then join other religious groups that have a bad history TOO.I mean 607 vs. Inquisition,etc. Which is worse ?

Why would one be drawn to other groups with a reputation that goes back a thousand years and leave one thats still in its infancy ( 100 or so years) but approaching crib death?

In my opinion this is like divorcing your spouse for kicking the cat and then marrying a serial killer.

• carla
    carla

Did the other groups claim that God spoke directly to them and only them? Did they claim to be God's only 'mouthpiece'? Did they offer salvation through their organization alone and that only a select few were worthy of Jesus?

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Church of rome

church of rome

church of rome

• carla
    carla

Are you suggesting that only the Catholics are part of 'Christendom'? I thought jw's include all other denominations in that definition. I'm not up on my Catholocism, but I'm pretty sure they believe Jesus if for everyone who chooses to receive Him. There are many, many other churches in which you do not have to believe every word out of a ministers mouth as coming from God and you would be destroyed for believing contrary to what the minister said. Many of those churches actually encourage discussion and different viewpoints. You talk about the wt doing these things in history but I see them still doing these things.

I think if you did a real research into the atrocities of which you speak you may find much of it was political rather than religious in nature. Though the church was involved and used.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Christendom = All denominations excluding JWs

Real research-Very few historical narratives or accounts of European history omit religion.Religion was inclusive and in most cases part of the political divisions that led to war or atrocities.

Just war is a good research topic on this.

• Shining One
    Shining One

You are missing the point, Eagle. First of all, the whole judgement idea is not based on what earthly group you belong or don't belong to. It is based on the INDIVIDUAL'S heart condition, "We are saved by grace through faith and that nor of ourselves, it is a gift of God not of works, lest anyone boast". Eph. 2:8-9
    There is plent of backing scripture on that subject. Jesus said that we must be 'born again' to enter or see the Kindom of God. NONE of this is based on some human based organisation. There are plenty of Chrsitians who do not fight in wars and their stand is based on scripture, not on the windbag pontificating of the twilve minor popes in Brooklyn!
    Rex

• lowden
    lowden

The grass is greener wherever there is genuine, unconditional, impartial love. The god of the bible and paricularly of the old testament does not support these qualities. Sadly this is also the god that christendom and JWs give their allegiance to.

REX, If god judges a person based upon their 'heart condition' then why does he/she/it, kill babies and children????? And for goodness sake THINK before you reply!

Peace

Lowden

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Thanks Lowden

The prosecution rests

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit