Has anyone else felt like this????

by tan 5 Replies latest jw friends

• tan
    tan

I was talking to a friend of mine...she's inactive at present but attends some meetings here and there. I have a very hard time getting through to her, anyway.... she's starting a business and is in this workshop that teaches her the processes of being a businessowner. She stated that the lady teaching the class told them that this is a blessing from God. She stood there real quiet while everyone else agreed and acknowledged what the teacher said by making various comments. The teacher noticed that she (my girlfriend) was real quiet and asked why. She (my girlfriend) stated that she was always taught by her JW mother that if you don't go to the house of Jehovah you're not blessed.

I told my girlfriend that her mother says this because this is the way we are all taught. I remember many times feeling unworthy of anything because I was not serving Jehovah as I should. That's so wrong.

Another time a recently disfellowshipped ms mentioned to me that he was totally lost..."what was he going to do". Out of all of the studying of the bible (my girlfriend used to be a pioneer) and he a ms, I don't get how they can't think out of the box and realize that Jehovah loves them no matter what. I always equate it a parent...we love our children regardless...we just try to correct their thinking at times and guide them along the way. It's a terrible thing that the JW org teaches people that there is absolutely no hope for anyone not doing what they say you should be doing. Almost like the hell & brimstone teaching...

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Almost like the hell & brimstone teaching...

Bingo!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I used to think like that, but I had too many blessings in answer to prayers while df'd, that I could no longer think one had to be a 'good' JW to have God's blessings. I now consider it very presumptuous to deny some thing or event could be a divine blessing. What if it is Holy Spirit in action? If you deny the blessing, are you sinning against Holy Spirit?

I don't recall the exact scripture, but "every good gift and every perfect present comes from above." (Maybe James?)

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Yes, the Watchtower organization teaches it's members that GOD doesn't listen to their prayers if they are disfellowshipped or become apostate. This has a big impact on the psyche of a person that really believes in God and who hasn't learned that the Watchtower isn't God or that it doesn't speak for God. Once a person starts realizing this, they will be on their way to questioning the organization's teachings...they may even get to the point where they even question if there's a God...whichever way it goes the person will be on a path to religious freedom; and I don't think that they will be so easily misled again.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Blessing, what the hell is that anyway? Is it a puff of holy spirit that caused something good to happen? I think not. I was told once that I'd be blessed for doing a good job taking care of the trash at a district convention. Come on!

Dismembered

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I like your point :

I always equate it a parent...we love our children regardless

But that doesn't happen amongst JWs - they don;t love their children no matter what - they love their children only as long as they do what the Borg dictates - the moment they divert that love evaporates. Subsequently when I turned 16 I had to leave home and find work and support myself. Children and spouses are second to the watchtower society that they worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit