I'm sick of the witnesses bragging about their memorial attendance!!!

by Highlander 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm growing tired of the phone calls from witness relatives proclaiming how wonderful it was that we had 203 in attendance, or 180, or 265, or whatever the number happens to be

for whomever is calling.

Someone from my old, old congregation informed me they had 203 and this person was just giddy about it. Hmmm, in reality does this person not realize that in the 80s we used to

have 300 at this very same congregation?

Sorry for the rant,, there's more I'd like to discuss but I don't want to give too many details as I'm a fader.

• juni
    juni

You're right Highlander. Years ago the numbers were in the 300s. Standing room only. The Hall was PACKED. Getting out of the parking lot was madness if you had more than 1 cong. using the Hall.

Juni

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I am sorry how is it any different then having to hear on the news that a certain baptist church was packed to the gills on Easter Sunday; or a famous catholic church was standing room only. It is all the same. In my case, no one called me, and I suppose if they did I would have have answered the phone had I known it was only to brag about the JW Easter sunday fest. I was tired of the news of all the Easter celebrations being news worthy. That to me is a joke. It was not only here but BBC world news also highlighted it as well. Can anyone explain to me why it is news worthy?

• Highlander
    Highlander

I don't like hearing about the baptists, mormons, adventists, catholics, either.

• carla
    carla

If you must discuss it with them at all, why don't you very wistfully reply, 'remember when there used to standing room only?' (if in person sadly shake head)

• Highlander
    Highlander

I can't wait to try that carla. Hopefully I can keep from snickering.

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

I wonder how less packed it would be if people didn't feel forced to at least make "the Memorial impression" to keep from possibly being shunned by their families and friends~?

• geevee
    geevee

Heaps of once a year attenders. How sad. Imagine wasting a perfectly good evening going to attend that! I wonder why they attend at all? If you can be "saved" by going to the memorial once a year, that might be one thing, but there is no salvation in JWdom at all.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I wonder what the average attendance at the Catholic Easter Mass was worldwide? 1 Billion? Numbers prove nothing, unless you're a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit