Atheist Prophecy Fulfilled!

by Amazing 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

In the late 1960s, when I was studying with the JWs, I worked in a very unique and mixed environment. The two brothers who owned the company were Lutheran and Baptist. The Drafting Supervisor was a JW and a co-wroker was Mormon. I was a Catholic. The Mechanical Supervisor was Pentecostal. The Production Line Supervisor was Buddist, and the Electrical Supervisor was an Atheist. It was not uncommon to have everyone in the Engineering office all arguing religion and politics or some combination thereof.

Sometime later I made the decision to get baptized a JW. I got into a heated argument with the Atheist (who also used to be a registered member of the Communist Party. He was also one of the Electrical Supervisors on the BART Project (Bay Area Rapid Transit - a light rail system.) Of all things the argument was about politics and mankind fixing his own messes verses waiting Jehovah's Kingdom.

Dave, the Atheist had recently read the book The True believer by Eric Hoffer. He left the Communist Party recognizing it as a cult and reregistered as an Independant. He was trying to get me to read Hoffer's book and alleged that the JWs were just another cult like the Communists, but different exterior packaging. (Of course, I would not read the book until shortly before I left the JWs 25 years later. - Idiot me.)

During our argument, Dave said to mark his words. While I don't recall exactly what he said, I did make some notes later for a talk at the Kingdom Hall. Here is what he basically said to me: "In about 25 years or so you will find that Armageddon will not have come and you will still be here dealing with your fellow man into the 21st Century. And if you have any brains you will give up on your little Jehovah and put your trust in man to make this planet a better place to live. And the little Watch Tower religion will prove to be another fraud just like all the rest."

Here I am over 30 years later, and Armageddon has not come. I am still dealing with my fellow man in the 21st Century. I must have some brains as I left the Watch Tower religion, as it did prove to be a fraud. The only part I have not totally done yet is putting my trust in man to solve his own problems. And I am still wondering about his comment about the 'little Jehovah.'

At the time he said this, it was magic for a talk in the meeting as it showed a stark contrast between human ways and Jehovah's ways. Considering, however, that all the Watch Tower prophecies have failed, and Dave the Atheist prophecies have come true, then I must wonder about that little Jehovah. - Amazing

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HALLELUzip!

"I wish to see, and I mean this most sincerely, I wish to see the last King strangled with the guts of the last Priest." - Voltaire
  • Hojon
    Hojon

Shouldn't that be "Halleludave?

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

Noooo, its Hallelunaeblis :)

ALL HAIL FATHER NAEBLIS

• Eric
    Eric
    The only part I have not totally done yet is putting my trust in man to solve his own problems.

Either God or aliens will swoop down and do it for us, or we will do it ourselves.

It is that simple.

But nobody ever said it would be easy.

Eric

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Eric: I agree that your proposition is simple. The complicated part is knowing for sure, what if anything that God will do rather than mankind. And to the extent we trust ourselves as humans to solve our own problems, I have to wonder about our track record. But, then again, at least we have a track record. - Amazing

• Eric
    Eric

Amazing,

You don't still believe that Jehovah would be pissed if we make this shit work do you?

Eric

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Gee Eric, have you forgotten what happened at Babel?

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Amazing, excellent post as always. I would love to sit down to a long dinner with you sometime and just listen.
    Your atheist friend was close, but missed the mark just a little. I don't believe in simply putting your trust in man. First and foremost you must put your trust in yourself and there your trust must always remain. Once you have done that, then and only then can you place any amount of trust in anyone else, person or deity. Blindly trusting others whether person or deity negates any personal responsibility, as Jehovah's Witnesses prove so well.
    Don't you wish you could find that atheist and tell him he was right?
    mike.

• MDS
    MDS

Hi Amazing:

. The complicated part is knowing for sure, what if anything that God will do rather than mankind. And to the extent we trust ourselves as humans to solve our own problems, I have to wonder about our track record. But, then again, at least we have a track record.

I think you have raised a very good question.

Failed prophetic utterances going forth from the WTS' wicked "mouth", does not mean failed "inspired utterances" from God, as expressed in Holy Scripture. We are simply warned to "test the inspired utterances." Good advice. - 1 John 4:1

Perhaps, we were gullible when we first encountered the WTS. But those days are no more. Believe me. No doubt, many of us have learned to "test the inspired expression" or "utterance", as expressed by the WTS (& anyone else we encounter as a "teacher" of God's Word). Many JWs are doing that now, with good results. This is a good thing.

"For the thoughts of you people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways your ways, is the utterance of Jehovah. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For just as the pouring rain descends, and the snow, from the heavens and does not return to that place, unless it actually saturates the earth and makes it produce and sprout, and seed is actually given to the sower and bread to the eater, so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." -- Isaiah 55:8-11

First and foremost we must remember, actually, to interpret God's Word correctly, one first, must be "sent" by Him. All others will fail. Why?

Above in Isaiah 55th chapter, it clearly states, "man's thoughts" and "God's thoughts" are quite different. They do not "think" the same. That's why "man's thoughts" always fail...fall short.

Jesus linked "man's thoughts" (contrasted with "God's thoughts") to wicked Satan the Devil and thus recognized it to be a "stumbling block" to himself and mankind in general. -- Matthew 16:23

Good advice!

Thus, all such "counsel" coming from man or mankind as whole for that matter, will always, always, ultimately ... fail.

"Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs." -- Psalms 146:3

Mankind will solve NO problems, the real problems of sickness, death, crime, violence, and establishing real "peace" in the earth. Mankind will never, ever do so. Also, there is the ever-presence of Satan too, who must be dealt with. Satan's power is felt every day, earthwide. Luke 4:5, 6 shows the extent of his power, control and "authority." He must be dealt with to bring real peace to the earth.

God must do it. Simple.

UNDERSTANDING GOD'S WORD -- Which shows how things get straightened out.

1 Corinthians 12:10 shows "inspired utterances" [prophecy, Holy Scripture] have to be "discerned" by someone who has the "gift of the spirit."

In other words, man has to have supernatural "help" from God, to correctly interpret or "discern" God's "inspired utterances" already given to mankind in Holy Scripture.

This means, God must "send" this one to us. He is someone that is truly "God Sent."

"For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved. However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been SENT FORTH (by Jehovah)? Just as it is written: How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!" -- Romans 10:13-15

God's "sends forth" this one.

That one that God has "sent forth" is the "Chieftain" of Ezekiel 44:3, for our day and times.

There is a abundance of information describing him in "Bible Research Forum" under the topic of the "Mystery Chieftain."

If you would like more details after reading this info, you can e-mail me at the address listed here.

Take Care,

MDS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit