Did you really, honestly believe that whole old testament malarkey????

by TwoBlackBelts 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TwoBlackBelts
    TwoBlackBelts

I mean, noah's ark???

Floods over Mt Everest???

Really???

Burning bushes???

Really???

• luna2
    luna2

What can I say. I love a good fantasy.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

No

The Jews acted like nazis in those days.Ethnic cleansing,Scorched earth,Racism.Jews only.

In fact they are a little like that today.Guess jewish racism is ok.Their bible seems to support this.May explain the genocidal nature of christianity.

• TwoBlackBelts
    TwoBlackBelts

I must say that in my encounters with JWs, particularly males, I found them to be both anti-semitic and homophobic at a sophomoric level.

In fact, they are collectively the most emotionally immature group of people this side of al-quaeda.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I'm fine with gay jews

• inquirer
    inquirer

TwoBlackBelts,

Yeah man I believe all those things. I believe every word of the Bible. The archeological proof is just flipping amazing. And you see a rainbow in a sky and it's like God's promise for Noah.

Do you believe that people died on crosses? Burnt at the stake? There was a time that people didn't have a dunny (toilet) and use to ____ in the ground! But it happened! There was a time when people didn't use to have showers everyday -- only once a month back then but it happened. A 1/3 of Europe was whiped out in the Black Plague, but it happened! Seems unbelievable, doesn't it? People didn't even though Pluto existed until 1930!

What about when Christopher Lloyd (the doc) was trying to tell that nice romantic chick about how he is from the future and all that? She slammed the door on him!

• Gregor
    Gregor

News making events in Afganistan and other conservative Islamic regimes over the last few years has helped me to look at the Old Testament from a fresh perspective. It is so similar to the ultra conservative, anti-female, harsh discipline of the mullahs today. Cutting off heads and hands for minor infractions, publicly killing women for showing their faces, denying them even basic education, the parallels go on and on. As far as the supernatural events, like those associated with Moses story, etc. I know that these are simply the fabrications and exagerations common to all primitive religions, pagan or Israelite. Great stories, but please, don't take them seriously!

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

When you see how the Witnesses cut people off from their families for exercising freedom of worship it reminds me of the cruelty in the old testament, the stonings, killing all your enemies, making the people play for the sins of the King, sacrificing your son to God, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit