Missed the danged memorial!

by Insomniac 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hey, all. So, I was at work, and a buddy of mine came in and told me he'd been invited to the memorial by my cousin, who's a witness. He didn't end up going, as he thought it sounded strange that he, as a practicing Christian, wouldn't be allowed to partake of the wine and bread. I was really amazed that this event, which used to be the biggest day of the year for me, came and went without my even noticing. My last meeting I attended was the memorial, three years ago, so I guess this marks my third anniversary of freedom, which is pretty cool. Otherwise, I'm surprised at how little I care at this point. I guess that's a sign of progress on my part. Love to all- Elizabeth

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

feels strange when you think about it doesnt it?

it used to be so important and built up..then i'd get there and it was pretty much the most uneventful event i've ever attended.

• troucul
    troucul

sis-in-law invited my wife to memorial...lol...as if...at any rate, I guess it's touching-their own silly way of showing how they care...

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is cool it is a healthy sign to show no interest at all in the JW meetings of all kinds.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hahah this is my first missed hummorial. Last year I prayed over the wine, this year I drank a special beer just for Jdog himself and smoked a big ol' stogy.

• luna2
    luna2

Was that Wednesday? Dang! LOL What did I do Wednesday? Hmmm...I think I worked until almost 8:00, went home, ate something for dinner I'm sure (can't remember what), probably tried to get on JWD and then read a book. Didn't even think of the dumb Memorial of nothingness. If I'd remembered I might have driven by the hotel they were having it at to stick my tongue out at them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit