My first memorial in 30 years celebrated it at a friends house!!!!!!

by Mrs.Congeniality 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

Some friends of my husband and I decided to celebrate the memorial at their house this year. We helped them out of the org. So last night we sat at their table with our kids, a total of 9 of us. The men had previously went over the account and made up a list of scriptures to share. We sat at the table said prayer then started going over the account with the kids. We asked them ? and let them answer. It was wonderful. I have never ever been to a memorial where I could totally consentrate on what Jesus actually did for us.( Always side tracted by others then when they would pass the wine at the hall everyone is staring at everyone else.) We passed the unleavened bread which I had made and then we passed the wine. It was great!!!! It was sooooo much more personal. We really are grateful for all God and Jesus have given and done for us. I plan on never attending a memorial or meeting again at the KH.

• bebu
    bebu

I can't imagine what kind of breakthrough that must have felt like--to finally be in the circle as you were always meant to be, not the outside. Thanks for sharing that!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit