Enoch Walked with God...so god killed him

by Zep 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Zep
    Zep

Wt sept15 2001 pg 31

I dont know what the WT writer was on when he wrote this load of nonsense. And not like the WT writers ever make sense...but the guy is clearly overworked...

Talking about Enochs transference the writer says:

"Enoch was apparently in mortal danger when "god took him"(gen5:24) Jehovah did not allow his faithful prophet to suffer at the hands of ((((RABiD)))) enemies"

Well ok...that was pretty nice of God. After all, Enoch has been pretty faithful. But then the WT writer speculates with this load of tripe:

"So, what happened to Enoch? His being "transfererd so as not to see death" may mean that God put him in a prophetic trance and then terminated his life while he was in that state"

..Huh...whaa...In other words killed him. So God sees that Enoch is in mortal danger and out of concern for his faithful servant, kills him rather than let his (((RaBiD))) enemies do the job. Seriously, Whos getting the favours here...the (((RabID))) enenmies or Enoch...

You also notice that the rest of the article is complete bollocks too. I mean, anyone with half a brain can see Jude plagarized The uninspired book of Enoch.

• LDH
    LDH

Good point. Perhaps this is where people get the notion that 'God took' their loved one?

I'd like to read the entire article but am a little queasy.
    Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit