Satan makes bad things look good

by Seeking Knowledge 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

How the hell do you respond to that?

My 5 year old was speaking to his father on the phone last nite. He mentioned that I had bought some babystuff for the new baby his father's wife just popped out including a cute pink bunny, and his first question to my son was "it's not an Easter bunny is it?" and my son told him no it wasn't. He said "good..remember that Jehovah doesn't like that...and Satan makes bad things look good"

I was livid. My poor kid is once again being told that my beliefs are wrong and I don't know how to fight this idiot anymore. I've taken him to court, the judge has told him to knock it off, and still, he'll do it. Not to mention that this past weekend he shaved my son's head..down to the scalp. I can't tell you how many times I've asked him not to cut his hair. I've kept it clean looking, but at least he had hair to run fingers thru. Now he has nothing and even my son hates it. I've told him "its ok baby, it's only hair, it will grow back" while inside I am telling him "you're father is an idiot sweetie"

It seems that his wife, who left him in October screaming DV has now decided having 2 children under the age of 2 to care for isn't something she wants to do on her own, has come back. When she's back my Ex turns into the biggest ASS to me. It becomes a fantastic game of SPITE. If I say "please don't cut my sons hair" he shaves it to the scalp and things like that. He hasn't touched this boys hair since last summer, he's been content with me having his hair cut & hasn't complained about it at all.

Mind you, he's been great to deal with since last October and in a weak moment I bought some stuff for the new baby they were expecting. At the time his wife wasn't allowing him to see his other child and told him he wouldn't see this one either until she could trust him again (his words) and I got the crying & he apologized for every terrible thing he'd done to me, we actually communicated which was great. So I bought the baby some stuff. I wanted to show him that we could still get along, etc. When they'd had the first kid, I did the same thing, altho I did hear from one of his family members that they probably "threw it away".

Just needed to vent....I have no idea how to combate this and I don't know whether to laugh or cry or run him down in the streets!

SK

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I guess you could mention the same thing the next time your ex praises the WTS... Satan makes bad things look good!

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Hindsight being what it is, I wanted to say something along the lines of that being so true & mentioning him & his wife....but it was better that I had my son hang up the phone. Difficult...but better!

SK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit