The Pot Calling the Kettle Black

by Truth.Seeker 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Truth.Seeker
    Truth.Seeker

In the December 2005 Awake, in the Watching the World section, there is an article about how the Catholic Diocese of Oregon, Washington and Arizona have had to file for bankruptcy due the to massive filing of molestation charges and lawsuits. I find it hard to read that and not wonder if the same thing will happen with the WTS. I wonder how many victims, of those molester who are hiding within the organization, will actually come forth and do the same against the WTS. I also find it curious that the highest concentration of Level 3 molesters are living just outside of Seattle. Hence the bankruptcy of those Diocese in that region of the US.

Just my thoughts on how the WTS draws attention to other religious groups sins and not admit and confess their own.

"Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU. 3 Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye

Just my 2 cents
    truth.seeker

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I don't know, considering there are still harsh penalties to anyone who tells within the cong. there is still an "don't tell" mentality. So for mass lawsuits, I have not seem them on the same scale as against the Catholic Church. What is interesting is I work with a women whose family is originally from Ireland (County Cork) and she said that a Catholic priest that they had when she was little, little was known to be a perv and her family would laugh over it "ha, ha, looks like Father Feely has found his favorite alter boy again" She said that it was very well known but it was like "well that is just their way". It seems like most the suits that you read about are happending in the States. I am wondering why that is? Does anyone know if other countries are screaming out on this issue as well?

• serendipity
    serendipity

I agree, truth.seeker. Almost anytime the WTS condemns other Christian religions, the criticism also applies to them. They really need to remove the rafter from their eyes before extracting the straw from others.

• lighthouse1956
    lighthouse1956

I don't know if wts would have the same liabilities as the rcc, most of the jw offences were made by members not wt employees. Maybe if the offender is an elder, ms, gb member, or bethelite, the wts would have more legal exposure.

As for as elders not reporting offenders, they'll probably use 'confessional santuary' as a defence for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit