Seriously messed up

by DelTheFunkyHomosapien 7 Replies latest jw friends

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
  • greendawn
    greendawn

What's up Del, none of those links seem to work.

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Sorry people all fixed now.

• luna2
    luna2

I only got through the first sentance of the wikipedia definition before I got to squigged out to read further. YUCK! That's very screwed up. I've heard of people who are addicted to unnecessary surgeries too, and you have Michael Jackson, the poster boy for excessive cosmetic surgery but at least those last two aren't actually lopping off limbs.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

there was a case in russia where a guy with two heads got so sick of his useless appendage that he hacked it off....the only known case of someone losing their head and surviving...because it was actually a siamese twin that was killed the authorities in their wisdom decided to charge the surviving twin with murder..although this was later dropped

i remember thinking at the time..how do they know it was murder..it could just as easily..and more understandably.. be suicide

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is indeed seriously psychopathic why should anyone want to condemn him/herself to a life of disability. It is a masochistic self destructive behaviour and it's the first time I heard of it.

I have heard of males having their testes removed because they want to feel more like women but to lose a limb!!!

• anewme
    anewme

My guess this condition is linked to OCD and there are really good drugs out now to help individuals to think normally.

Poor poor souls.

There is a whole range of OCD that results in body hatred and mutilation.

Sad sad sad.

People have the darndest time trying to find happiness.

It is really quite simple and available to us all.

Its called accepting reality and counting your blessings.

I know its not that simple.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I wonder if there could be a neurological aspect to this. I recall from college human biology that there is a part of the brain that essentially has a map of the body (which is disproportionate to the actual physical body, with more connections to the limbs). Could it be that this "map" for these people is damaged or improperly developed? I recall this neurological map is involved in phantom limb syndrome in which an amputee feels like he/she still has the limb because the brain is still wired for it....could this be the reverse of that, in which the map lacks the limb and thus the person feels it is extraneous or is deficient in a way that makes the limb feel uncomfortable or odd?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit