Scriptures You Will Not Hear at the 9-04-06 Church Sermon

by scout575 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scout575
    scout575

"He that despised Moses' law DIED WITHOUT MERCY under two or three witnesses: Of how much SORER PUNISHMENT, suppose ye shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, VENGEANCE BELONGETH UNTO ME, I WILL RECOMPENSE, saith the Lord. And again, THE LORD SHALL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE. It is a FEARFUL THING to fall into the hands of the living God." ( Hebrews 10:28-31 )

"But there were also false prophets also among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves SWIFT DESTRUCTION." ( 2 Peter 2:1 )

"As also in all his ( Paul's-verse 15 ) epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own DESTRUCTION." ( 2 Peter 3:16 )

The above New Testament warnings are clear: Any Christian who dares to defy Christian orthodoxy will be executed. Is it any wonder that many ex-Christians refer to Christianity as, The Cult?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I dont agree with that interpretation, and I don't even believe in the Bible.

• SallySue
    SallySue

Sorry to burst your misinformed bubble, but

VENGEANCE BELONGETH UNTO ME, I WILL RECOMPENSE, saith the Lord

that scripture is used ALL THE TIME at the Baptist Church I attend.

What I suggest is that you visit around to all the churches in your city or town and really understand what is preached. Until you do you have no idea what is said at the church service.

• scout575
    scout575

SallySue: I have been listening to daily sermons, mostly by Christian ministers, on the radio for many years. This means I have heard literally hundreds of sermons, from Christian ministers from many different 'brands' of Christianity. Of course, I'm not really claiming that the above texts are never used, simply that they are seldom used because they portray the unsavoury side of Christianity. It is this 'ugly face' of Christianity that has led many Christians ( who were also not living in a 'misinformed bubble' ) to walk away from Christianity. Their websites and message boards make for some very eye-opening reading.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Some things just never change!

"From the beginning the followers of all religions have believed in two seas, -- one salt and one fresh; in two trees -- the tree of good and the tree of evil. For this men have called one another heretics. Misinterpreting the divine commands, men have acquired prejudices and on these prejudices they have waged religious wars and caused bloodshed. Behold what is happening to-day! Men are killing their brothers, believing this to be the cause of salvation, believing that such work is approved by God, believing that those whom they kill will be sent to hell."

Abdul' Baha

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I have been listening to daily sermons, mostly by Christian ministers, on the radio for many years. This means I have heard literally hundreds of sermons, from Christian ministers from many different 'brands' of Christianity.

Jim and Tammy Faye Baker, Oral Roberts and most of the other bogus radio and TV evangelists do not represent the majority of Christians. I suggest that you visit a few churches in your area, preferably with a qualified staff of pastors who have been educated at universities.

• scout575
    scout575

Honesty: Living in the U.K means I've heard sermons from none of the people that you mention. The sermons that I listen to are from British clergymen/women, from many of the different strands of Christianity in Britain - Catholic, Methodist, Anglican, Evangelical, Baptist etc. I listen to these sermons every morning from mon-sat, and have been doing so for many years ( some days they are given by Sikh and Moslem speakers ) and so I am very familiar with the content of Christian sermons in Britain.

I wonder if you are similarly familiar with the content of ex-Christian websites and message boards? If you aren't, maybe I can return the favour, and suggest to you that you research them? They give a fascinating insight into what made many genuine, heartfelt Christians abandon a faith, with which they had become increasingly disillusioned. But more than that, they show how these people went on to live happy lives apart from Christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit