Did you really, honestly believe that whole old testament malarkey????

by Wineskin Cowboy 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wineskin Cowboy
    Wineskin Cowboy

We've all had a good laugh at Tom Cruise and his silly scientology beliefs. Engrams and aliens under volcanoes etc, but are they really any less ludicrous than Noahs Ark???

I mean, what about paramecium? They reproduce by division so why have two by two of them?

And where did they store the mating pair of blue whales??

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Probably most people would respond to any questions relating to tangible v. unseen/unknown as faith based. If you think about it there is much to religion or a belief system that is based on faith. So if you have faith that there is a greater power, you may actually feel that you have seen it at work in your life whereas an atheist would deny it as made up. People believe that the OT was inspired by God and thus it is a faith based belief.

Can any one person prove they are right? I doubt that. But don't you think it should be an individual choice, think because no one lives my life but me, so why should I believe what you believe, unless I buy into it. So to the person who has faith more power to them, to the person who does not believe for whatever reason, good for you. Have an informed opinion and stick to it!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    And where did they store the mating pair of blue whales??

Hm...must have been on the roof.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well the blue whales wouldn't have drowned in the flood so that's a non issue I wanna know who mucked out the Rhino's!

(yes your right the entire story is idiotic!)

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yes! I beleive.

Exodus Chapter 12
    37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Succoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. 38 Many other people went up with them, as well as large droves of livestock, both flocks and herds.

Biggest Mathematical Miracle in the World
    Moses and his people were in the desert, but what was he going to do with them? They had to be fed, and fed is what he did, according to the Quartermaster General in the Army.
    It is reported that Moses would have to have had 1500 tons of food each day. Do you know that to bring that much food each day, two freight trains, each a mile long, would be required!
    Besides you must remember, they were out in the desert, so they would have to have firewood to use in cooking the food. This would take 4000 tons of wood and a few more freight trains, each a mile long just for one day.
    And just think, they were forty years in transit.
    And oh yes! They would have to have water. If they only had enough to drink and wash a few dishes, it would take 11,000,000 gallons each day, and a freight train with tank cars, 1800 miles long, just to bring water!
    And then another thing! They had to get across the Red Sea at night.
    Now if they went on a narrow path, double file, the line would be 800 miles long and would require 35 days and nights to get through. So, there had to be a space in the Red Sea, 3 miles wide so that they could walk 5000 abreast to get over in one night.
    But then, there is another problem.
    Each time they camped at the end of the day, a campground two-thirds the size of the state of Rhode Island was required, or a total of 750 square miles long...think of it! This space just for nightly camping.

• luna2
    luna2

Hmmm, not something they taught in Sunday school, Gary.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Cowboy, why would blue whales need to be in a boat in a storm?

• lighthouse1956
    lighthouse1956

Ok, Cowboy, you got me going.. Skelatal remains of clusters of various animals have been found on moutaintops where they were trying to get to higher ground. Every civiliztion has a version of the flood it's folklore,so if every race was a desendent of Noah's family, then the folklore would have a logical basis.

As for Moses, he most likey crossed at the sea of reeds of thye Red Sea at low tide after a strong dried the surface enough to walk and herd livestock on, but not dry enough for Egypt's chairots and they were stuck when the tide came in.

\As for the food, you're forgetting the manna. This was a type and shadow of Christ, manna merans 'bread' which came heaven.

• robhic
    robhic
    Exodus Chapter 12

37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Succoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. 38 Many other people went up with them, as well as large droves of livestock, both flocks and herds.

Wasn't it shown somewhere that at the date of the exodus there was nowhere near six hundred thousand men, with or without women and children to start off with? There weren't that many Jews in the entire world in that time. Jeez, talk about exaggerating!

• Gregor
    Gregor

News making events in Afganistan and other conservative Islamic regimes over the last few years has helped me to look at the Old Testament from a fresh perspective. It is so similar to the ultra conservative, anti-female, harsh discipline of the mullahs today. Cutting off heads and hands for minor infractions, publicly killing women for showing their faces, denying them even basic education, the parallels go on and on. As far as the supernatural events, like those associated with Moses story, etc. I know that these are simply the fabrications and exagerations common to all primitive religions, pagan or Israelite. Great stories, but please, don't take them seriously!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit