Babylon the Great

by stevieb1 5 Replies latest jw friends

• stevieb1
    stevieb1

The Watchtower identifies the entity Babylon the Great as the "world empire of false religion" with Christendom being the most reprehensible part. As far as I can gather, the Society is unique in this interpretation of the identity of Babylon the Great. Does anyone have a take on the identity of the harlot which differs from the Society's viewpoint?

If the Watchtower is correct and it does apply (in part) to Christendom then what about the Society's view that by merely belonging to a "false religion" one has a sharing in her sins by nature of "community responsibility"?

• kes152
    kes152

Here's my 'piece of the puzzel':

Babylon the Great is the Mother of the Harlots and of all the disgusting things of the earth.

She is a 'harlot' because she committed fornication with the kings of the earth. She was SUPPOSED to be a "chaste" virgin for Christ, but instead she was unfaithful and sold herself to the kings of the earth.

since she was supposed to be a "chaste" virign, she was therefore 'anointed' but unfaithful. Hence she is one who claims to be 'anointed' on the basis of the name of Jesus but misleads many. She could therefore NOT be christendom, for Christendom was NEVER 'anointed' with holy spirit.

There are some 'harlots' that DO profess an anointing, and whose Mother also profess an anointing as well, and have a kingdom over the kings of the earth.

The 'anointed remnant' all have a "mother" whom they answer to and also represents them.. their Governing Body.

Peace!
    Aaron

• proplog2
    proplog2

Click on my web-page (The Earth/Arrow Icon to the left)

I pretty much shred the Watchtower's teaching on Babylon The Great.

If you have any questions or challenges about my interpretation let me know.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sorry to bring this obscure topic to the top. I just forgot to click the box that lets me know if anyone responds and this is the only way I know how to do this.

By the way if anyone knows how you have E-Mail notice about threads without posting to the thread let me know.

• logical
    logical

Just edit the thread, and make sure the box is checked / unchecked depending on what you want.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Stevieb: The WTS classes "all' religion besides themselves as part of Babylon the Great (BG) with Christendom as the most reprehensible part thereof. They are not the first, however, to make such claims. The Seventh Day Adventists also consider Christendom part of BG, and the Catholic CHurch being the principle part. There are other groups with such doctrines, but I cannot recall them all. - Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit