National I.D. Cards

by lighthouse1956 3 Replies latest jw friends

• lighthouse1956
    lighthouse1956

By 2008, the USA is supposed to have an ID card program for people entering gov. builings, airports, depots and bus terminals. Anyone have details or opinions?

• mariposa
    mariposa

I thought I had heard this idea a few years ago and nothing happened. I'll be looking to see if something else comes up.

• Ellie
    Ellie

They are supposed to be introducing these in Britain too, under the pretence that they will help stop terrorism (like they helped in Spain), its more like a con to swindle yet more money out of people, making us pay for the privilege of carrying one, but at the end of the day my old trade mark statement stands "If you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about" except maybe the £100 price tag.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Yeah looks like the UK ID card policy got the go ahead from parliament last week. It's a ridiclulous waste of time and money.

All the info that's going to be on the card is already held by various govnm't departments anyway! Passport agency, DVLA, HMRC, DSS etc etc

Having all that info centralised with you carrying a plastic card with all your identity details on it presents a massive security risk. The passport agency and DVLA are intoducing biometrics anyway so I'm not sure what these ID cards are for.

I'm still unsure why you would need a plastic card with info of your iris and fingerprints - I tend to carry my eyes and fingers around with me anyway.

Some people have said if you have nothing to hide what's your problem with it. It's not that people have anything to hide it's just that it's not a very good idea and doesn't solve the problems the govnm't says it will.

I've worked as an IT consultant with the civil service including NHS Excecutive, NHS Direct, Housing & Regeneration Dept, DWP, Regional Development Agencies and most big IT projects are mismanaged, over budget and over time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit