A guestion for the men out there

by WildHorses 9 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

What do think would be a fair price on a used riding lawn mower? It's a 2000 Poulan Pro with a 17hp motor 42 inch cutting width and a brigs and scraton motor. (not sure if this is exacty right but it's how I heard it over the phone)

It belongs to a customer of mine who, since losing her husband to cancer has hired a lawn care guy to do her yard and is now selling it. I told her I was interested but am not sure of what a fair price would be. Any ideas? I want to be fare but also do not want to be taken either. Any help would be appreciated.

Shari

• JH
    JH

Since it's 6 years old, I'd give about 25% of the price she paid back then for it.

It's hard to tell, because you don't really know how much it was used during those years.

Usually a brand new car is worth half it's value after 3 years, so I said half of that for 6 years.

• mariposa
    mariposa

I've been in the landscape biz for 10+ years and never heard of the Poulan. The Briggs and Stratton engines DO go forever. I would look on the internet and see what prices I could find. I wouldn't think anymore than a couple hundred max, if that.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Just a wild stab - $868.50c US ?

You may be able to have it valued by a local lawn guy or mower (repair) shop.

good luck, unc.

ps: poulan make great little chainsaws (that's all I know of the brand).

• Clam
    Clam
    Just a wild stab - $868.50c US ?

LOL Uncle B - You're the bugger who keeps outbidding me on ebay then!

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

hey that's a presumptuous question, might be a lot of ladies knowledgeable on the subject. why not google it up and see what is currently being offered for such a mower...then you will know what the market is..

-ed

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

You'll get a wild stab in a minute if you keep that up Clambear! lol.

unclebay

• Frog
    Frog

personally i'd get myself a lawn mower man too...better to look at, less maintenance, and you don't have to pack it away in the shed when you're finished ;)

• garybuss
    garybuss

E Bay has a 19 HP new one for $1,399,99

POULAN PRO LAWN TRACTOR-19 HP, 42 IN CUTTING WIDTH! NIB

Item number: 7749560632
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

oo in light of Gary's news we better make that $462.40cUS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit