Need Help

by NoAnswers 4 Replies latest jw friends

• NoAnswers
    NoAnswers

hey guys..... I have been a serious observer of this forum for over a year I posted when I first joined but I do not know how to copy and paste links for my previous post. Anyway, I was Df over a year ago me and my wife. Just recently we both got reinstated.... many may ask why ? hopefully in time I can post the many reasons I stayed. The help I need is if any of you went thru this. My wife still wants to be an active jw, me on the other hand dont. It has been very hard to cope with being reinstated back, its not the same. I have doubted the organization for many years, and was ready to quit.... but I was so scared because my family is jw. I told my wife some of my concerns but I agreed to give it a chance. I cannot help it no more and I want it to stop...... but I do not know how to tell my wife. Im scared how she might react I want to show her how this is not the truth but only a lie. I need peace of mind.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I cannot help it no more and I want it to stop...... but I do not know how to tell my wife. Im scared how she might react I want to show her how this is not the truth but only a lie.

Take it slow when you show her it's not the truth. I was too blunt about the Watchtower's shortcomings, and my marriage didn't survive it. Give her bits and pieces to think about, but do it slowly and let her draw her own conclusions.

W

• Honesty
    Honesty

Will she read her Bible without the WATCHTOWER magazines?

Share this with her and see what the reaction is:

The very first thing that Jesus said when asked about the signs of the end:

Matt 24:4: And Jesus answered them, "Take heed that no one leads you astray. Verse 5: For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray."

The word Christ in the original Greek is Kristos or Christos which means annointed.

So basically this scripture reads: "Take heed that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the annointed,' and they will lead many astray."

Not very many people have claimed to be Christ but a whole lot of them come to your doors and share a message from the "annointed."

What do JWs call the earthly representatives of Jehovah and the people directing their work?

Another poster shared this with us. It may open her eyes a bit.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are many things that are wrong with this org and the fact that they keep changing their "truth" many times over the relatively few years they have been around, shows that they don't have the real truth because that never changes.

Adding to it is one thing, while replacing one truth for another is a totally different thing.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Matt 24:4: And Jesus answered them, "Take heed that no one leads you astray. Verse 5: For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray."

The word Christ in the original Greek is Kristos or Christos which means annointed.

So basically this scripture reads: "Take heed that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the annointed,' and they will lead many astray."

Not very many people have claimed to be Christ but a whole lot of them come to your doors and share a message from the "annointed."

Now that's a new one to me! It opens a new avenue in my own de-witnessing efforts.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit