Jesus' warning regarding groups like JWs

by truth_about_the_truth 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

The very first thing that Jesus said when asked about the signs of the end:

Matt 24:4: And Jesus answered them, "Take heed that no one leads you astray.

5: For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray."

The word Christ in the original Greek is Kristos or Christos which means annointed.

So basically this scripture reads: "Take heed that no one leads you astray.

5: For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the annointed,' and they will lead many astray."

What do JWs call the earthly representatives of Jehovah and the people directing their work?

The WTS is not the only one by a long shot but this is pretty damning isn't it?

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

I was just thinking about this scripture last night, taking mental notes in case i get the opportunity to get into a discussion with my dad. Although i could not remember the exact verse, thanks for refreshing my memory! MP

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

don't forget:

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
    1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
    1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
    1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
  • greendawn
    greendawn

That is a good point the GB certainly call themselves anointed. However from their fruitage (break up families, shun ex members, etc) we can see that they are nothing but wolves that mislead and exploit millions of ppl world wide. They certainly know many things that they do not reveal to the R&F because it is not in their interest to do so. They have their big secrets.

alt

The real face of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's witnesses that is based at the Brooklyn lair.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Good point!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit