whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with.

by Star Moore 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I Cor. 13:8 Jeru Version "Love does not come to an end. But if there are gifts of prophesy, the time will come when they must fail: or the gift of Languages, it will not continue forever; and knowledge, for this too, the time will come when it must fail."

vs. 9 "For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophesying is imperfect; but once perfection comes, all imperfect things will disappear."

vs. 13 " In short, there are three things that last: faith, hope and love; and the greatest of these is love."

As a witness, I never could understand how KNOWLEDGE could end. JW's are all about taking in 'accurate knowledge' as it supposedly leads to everlasting life. JW'S base everything on knowledge. But now I understand that it is:

FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE lead to everlasting life and knowledge won't mean diddely squat when Jesus comes.....as it says in verse 8

KNOWLEDGE.......THE TIME WILL COME WHEN IT MUST FAIL.

• willy_think
    willy_think

When we stand before the lord we have no need of faith. When we have been given grace there is no need of hope. In the end love is all that is left us.

In the words spoken by M.L.K. jr. and made famous by john Lennon “all we need is love, love is all we need”

• Elsewhere
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Total Horse S--- - all history shows that as knowledge advances and gets shared, the world advances

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

From the immediate context, this primarily addresses a specific type of charismatic "knowledge" (gnôsis) -- in parallel with the other "gifts" of "tongues" and "prophecy," cf. 12:8; 14:6 -- and perhaps more generally some "gnostic" conception of doctrinal-mystical "knowledge," cf. 8:1ff.

Anyway it is interesting that in this very context Paul can describe what ultimately supersedes knowledge as... knowledge, v. 12: "Now I know only in part (ginôskô ek merous); then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known (epignôsomai kathôs kai epegnôsthen)."

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I think Paul was saying, in the end...the knowledge we have, isn't going to get us a ticket to heaven (so to speak).. Not that knowledge was worthless but that it was not going to be what Jesus and God would be looking for when (that which is perfect arrives).

In I Cor. 1:10...He says that God chose the ones who are not wise in a fleshly sense..to put the wise men to shame....

JW are sooooooo proud of themselves because of their 'accurate' knowledge.

In John 17:3 They have actually manipulated scripture to say ..'Everlasting life, means their taking in knowledge...........When all the other bibles say ..'Everlasting life, means knowing God and Jesus.

JW..think they have to have 1 to 10 years of bible study before they qualify for baptism. Not so with the early christians....if they liked something Paul spoke or Philip...they saw a body of water and got baptized.

In I Cor. 13:1....It says, that we can have all the knowledge and prophesy in the world and if we don't' have LOVE, we have nothing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit