Memorial

by sanspy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sanspy
    sanspy

When is the memorial? I am currently inactive and want to start attending meetings again. Thank you in advance for your responses.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello sanspy

April 12th

• sanspy
    sanspy

Thank you very much!

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

can someone tell this non-JW what actually goes down at the Memorial?

• free2beme
    free2beme

We got an invite, like normal. We told them no, but did not offend them. They are just doing what they are told to do.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    can someone tell this non-JW what actually goes down at the Memorial?

6 million+ people all gathered on one night to refuse the wine and bread as it is passed from one to another.
    The ultimate slap in the face they give Jesus as they reject His provision for salvation.
    John 6:53-56 So Jesus said to them, “ I assure you : Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you do not have life in yourselves. Anyone who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day, because My flesh is real food and My blood is real drink. The one who eats My flesh and drinks My blood lives in Me, and I in him.

• Purza
    Purza
    We got an invite, like normal. We told them no, but did not offend them. They are just doing what they are told to do.

Yep -- so did I. I don't tell them that I won't be going, I just thank them. Its not worth getting into an argument about why I don't want to go.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit