Imagine

by drahcir yarrum 1 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

In the words of the late John Lennon, "Imagine".

Imagine that the JW's were right and Armageddon made bird feed out of everyone except JW's.

Imagine that you survived into the "new world".

Imagine that your work, leisure and behavior was monitored, corrected and controlled by the local elders.

Imagine that instead of five meetings a week, you had mandatory daily meetings in the morning and at night.

Imagine. . . wake up. . . WAKE UP. . . it was only a nightmare!

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Good grief... and to think we prayed for that to come... so glad to have woken up to the real world.

Did we honestly believe that we would be happy in a world full of JWs, some days - even when I was a JW - I could not be comfortable surrounded by such hypocrisy, such self-righteousness, such arrogance.
    Imagine living in a world where everyone walks around with a smug look on their face as if to say - 'there, we were right all along - they should have listened to us.'

The attitude of some JWs I worked with on the doors really used to disgust me - their contempt for their fellow humans, their disregard for their own belief systems, the way they would come away from a door and speak in a derogatory fashion about the householder - I can't imagine that Jesus would have done such a thing!

No, I leave the new system in the nightmare department, where it belongs. With the JWs in charge it would be unbearable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit