I'm so happy, Not shunned by one sister !!!!!

by jurs 2 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

I am so happy. I just got a call from a sister who I was very close to. Her husband is an elder so she has to call me when he's not home. It feels strange knowing that our friendship has to be in secret but I'm glad she's taking the risk.
    For those that don't know, this sister and I use to drink together. We had gone out a number of times and sometimes went dancing ect. but never crossed the line. We just had some fun. My husband didn't care because he's not a witnesss and he trusted me but my friends husband is an elder and so he never knew. Finally my conscience couldn't take it any longer and I went to the elders and told on myself as well as my friend. She lied her way out of it. I'm so glad now she did. Anyhow to make a long story short that was the beginning of my way out of the org. I saw how JW's have to hide their problems and how elders can get caught up in protecting their image and status.
    I called my friend when I DA'd myself to say goodbye. She told me she'd keep in touch but I didn't believe her. She called and wants us to still get together. We have been close friends for 7 or 8 years now and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Loosing her as a friend hurt alot. I'm glad our friendship is still there. Jurs

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

jurs - I am just so happy for you! It must be wonderful to reclaim that friendship, at least someone is fighting against the stupidity of shunning. I always hoped that some of my 'friends' would have stepped beyond that line that the JWs draw and still keep in touch. Alas it was'nt to happen and now I am shunned by all of them. It is very hard to walk away from what I considered to be very good frienships and it saddens me to realise that those friendships were so conditional, not real friendships at all.

I have been in contact with a sister who was disfellowshipped shortly after I disassociated but I do find it very difficult to let the friendship grow to anything like it was when we were both in the organisation - there is still very much a barrier between us, I always feel that if she had not been df'd she would still be shunning me now and I find that very hard to deal with. Also if she was ever to repent and return to the congregation it would be like a double blow for me and a return to being shunned. In a way I suppose I am trying to protect myself by keeping my distance, also the fact is that she still believes most of the teachings of the JWs - she will not hear a word against them... yet. Maybe in time things will change, I hope that they do, it would be nice to have another ally.

The most interesting thing that I have discovered from my conversations with her is the insight into what happened in the congregation following my distribution of da' letters. They apparently had to do a lot of 'damage limitation', a local needs item brought up some of the things mentioned in my letter, and the conclusion reached by most of the congregation, according to this sister, was that I would soon be back in the hall with my tail between my legs asking for re-instatement. Yeah, right, don't think so...

So, I am so happy for you that you have this friend back - it gives me hope for the future, that one day I may have that phone call out of the blue.....

• more2C
    more2C

I am very happy for you also. Good friends are hard to find. I was so disappointed when my so called, "friends" in the "truth", suddenly disappeared when I disassociated. You must have had a great friendship for her to remember you by, and to contact you. That is special.

more2C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit