A scammer is amongst us!

by Virgochik 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I don't know if this has happened to anyine else here, but I had a PM this morning from "Wilfred."

He is claiming to represent a bank in Togo and needs my personal information to release twelve million dollars to me. This is a version of the Nigerian money order scam. only using the internet, I guess. It's the same line... somebody died, can't find any next of kin, so they want to give me the money, bla-bla.

Who should I report this to? I don't appreciate our site being used by rip-off artists, and I don't think the moderators will, either. Be on the lookout, friends!

I don't know how to post the message for all to read, but will be happy to copy it or answer any questions to get rid of this phisher.

• wombat
    wombat

Virgochick........heaps already posted here about this....Go back a bit

• luna2
    luna2

I do believe Scully already deleted the scammin' jerkbot.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Humblest apologies, everyone! I had good intentions, but did not see the other posts.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yes, I received the same PM (twice) from Wilfred. I'm very excited. I have never had a chance to make this much money in my whole life!! I called my employers this morning and told them to go to hell. I have sent Wilfred all my personal info., credit card numbers, Social Security number, checking account number, etc. I should soon be getting a certified check for several million dollars !!

(Of course I'm kidding. But there are lots of people who have fallen for this kind of scam. Hard to believe)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Aposta-daria fixed it (aka the mild mannered scully)

alt

• Clam
    Clam

LOL @ Gregor.

All poor old Wilfred has done is to knock on our doors and try and sell us a bullshit idea. I've heard about people who do this.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

yes, I recieved TWO!

L.L.

• cosmic
    cosmic

I got a couple of phishes too, both from Nigeria. The Washington Post reported that the majority of phishing schemes originate in Nigeria. Now, keep in mind that the NSA is apparently reading all mail (and doubtlessly taking down addrs) that originate overseas. Now, don't you feel safer?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

When I first read this this morning I was feeling left out - why didn't I get one??!! But then realized I wasn't logged in and lo and behold I had 1 new message!!! I wasn't left out after all!! lol

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit