• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING UNIT.
    FOREIGN OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT.
    UNION TOGOLAISE DU BANK LOME- TOGO.

Dear Friend,

(STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL)

My name is Wilfred Kudjo from Lome Togo west Africa. I am the Personal
    account officer to Late client Who used to work with a manufacturing company here in Lome Togo before his sudden death. On the 21st of April 2003, My client, his wife and their only son was involved in a fatal motor accident along Oaklands Roads, Hanwell-London and unfortunately, They all lost their lives in the event of the accident, Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives and this has also proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his relatives over the Internet to locate any member of his family but of no avail,hence I contacted you. I contacted you to assist me in repatriating the money and property left behind by my late client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where these huge deposits were lodged.Particularly a Bank where the deceased deposited the sum of $12 Million U.S Dollars. (Twelve Million United States Dollars Only). Conseqently, the Bank have issued me a notice to provide the next of kin to the deceased or they will have the funds confiscated within a short period of time.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over some
    years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the
    deceased since he has no relatives left so that this $12 Million U.S Dollars can be released to you as the next of kin to my late client.

For both of us to share the money, I propose 55% to my self and 35% to you for your expected assistance, while 10% should be set aside for settling all expenses or tax as the government of your country may require. All the necessary documents that can be used to back up the claim of this fund will be processed in your name as soon as we agreed together. All I require from you now is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal through.

I guaranteed that this transaction will be 100% risk free and will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law here in Togo or over there in your country. Please kindly get in touch with me through my private emailaddress or mobile number to enable us discuss in details about this transaction. Remember to send meimmediately information as follows:

**Your full names
    **Your full contact address,
    **Your private telephone, and Mobile Numbers.
    **Your Age and Occupation

Best Regards,
    Wilfred kudjo, writing from Togo

NB:please reply ONLY to my confidential mail box
    below.([email protected])

Mobile:228 917 19 06

got this sent to me 3 times in my private message inbox........... who else got the same bull pucky?

• Narkissos
  • james_woods
    james_woods

This is a very common scam - usually from 3rd world countries - and commonly from Aftrican 3rd World countries. They want to con you into fronting a small amount of money so as to get the big reward. I get maybe 2 or 3 of these a week.

Guess what happens after you front up the small amount of money asked? They ask for a little more, then a little more. Finally you get sick of it and just go away. If you try to prosecute them, you will find these governments are complicit in the scam.

There is another form of this - (if you occasionally advertise collector cars for sale in trade mags as I do)...A foreign "buyer" will immediately offer you your full asked price without even trying to bargain. He will ask for your bank routing so he can send a draft. Guess what they do with the bank routing? If you ask for a paper cashiers check, he will send one for about $3000 more than the price, and then ask you to remit about $2500 or so to a special overseas shipping agent out of the surplus. You can keep the rest for your effort.

The cashiers check is of course bogus, but it may take up to 15 days before it is obvious. A lot of people actually used their own money to pay the $2500 to the agent, who of course is part of the scam. There are variations of this for antiques and aircraft as well.

In all cases, they are just hoping that maybe one out of ten thousand they spam this out to will be silly enough to bite on it. Amazing that it still goes on after all the expose journalism on this subject. "Skeptical" can help you in more things than just the religious!!!

YF, James

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

It sure is a scam, I get emails like that all the time in australia. They even chat to me in YAHOO chatrooms, they don't give up. I heard of one guy who lost $70,000 before he realised he was being done in.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I want to write a virus for these clowns that will work like a Trojan and take control of your system then will override the physical safety on the cd rom drive and cause your drive to spin at 90000+rpm which will cause a disk to blow apart in a hell storm of razor sharp shards of plastic! It can also cause a fire! SWEEEEEEET

I've seen this done through physical manipulation of the drive but seems like it could be done with software too!

• james_woods
    james_woods

This sounds like a good excercise for the MythBusters show...they love to blow things up. I really want to see one of those drive motors turn 90000rpm. Just the sound of it spinning up would be worth it for me - even if it didn't blow the disk apart.

They also seem to be quite tolerant of myths that don't work, as well.

Might make good JW's...

• whyizit
    whyizit

What a coincidence! A guy named Wilford just try to give ME 12 million dollars too. Pretty generous guy, eh?

I think his real name is Con Artist.

(He's not a very bright one either.)

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's what it is when it is too good to be true a con, and ppl trying it will invariably end up getting poorer. They are out to catch the naive with some luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit