Liposuction

by DevonMcBride 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm seriously considering having liposuction on my abdomen, hips and waist.

If anyone has had this procedure I was wondering:

Is it painful?
    How long before you were able to go back to normal activity?
    Were you under local or general anesthesia and did it make you nauseous?

• damselfly
    damselfly

I've never had it and after seeing the procedure on tv I never will.

Dams

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Yes, it's very painful and leaves bruising for a while....according to several of my friends. There is always morphine!!! My best advice is to talk to some of the nurses that work in the hospital and ask how they would rate the dr. Ask for names of previous patients that you can call...check out the drs. credentials.

The first few days and weeks the friends I knew were saying it was the dumbest thing they ever did....then a few months later, they were glad they had it done! Remember though, that unless you're careful, you can regain the weight and look like you never had it done! Be sure you are committed to keeping yourself in shape.

Swalker (looking forward to the pain and agony in the next couple of yrs!)

• luna2
    luna2

The comedian, Kathy Griffin, supposedly had it done. I don't remember if it's a bit in her routine or if she did an interview, but she said it was extremely painful.

Hopefully you'll get a few more reliable testimonials so you'll get a better idea of what this procedure is like.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I want to have it done, but I can't afford it. Here's my plan. You send me the money, I'll get the liposuction, and then I'll tell you how it feels.

I'll write you everyday! I promise!

• kid-A
    kid-A

I know several people who had it and yes, it is one of the more painful procedures because they separate alot of the connective tissue under the subcutaneous skin layers to

access the fat. So, several weeks of dull pain, bruising and swelling depending on how much and how extensive the procedure was. On the bright side, they really looked alot

better after having it done.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Mrs. McDucket.

I really needed a laugh.

• anewme
    anewme

Ive heard it is a very dangerous procedure and best done in a hospital situation and by an insured physician in case of some unforseen reaction. As was said it is very invasive and indiscriminate----it just pulls at and sucks away your tissue. The ripping away causes much damage that takes weeks to recover from the pain and bruising. And some women have died.

Check the references of the Dr. performing the procedure before putting any money down. Maybe call around to see if he or she is in a law suit or anything.

I believe in the near future they will be giving injections to dissolve away fat on the body and these more radical dangerous procedures will be as dinasoars of medical practice.
    But a good doctor can perform liposuction along with surgery and reshape the body to an amazing healthful form.

Im holding out in the hope that obesity and a queen termite form will come back into fashion!

Anewme

• damselfly
    damselfly

I want to have it done, but I can't afford it. Here's my plan. You send me the money, I'll get the liposuction, and then I'll tell you how it feels.

I'll write you everyday! I promise!

Mrs. McDucket you make me giggle!

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit