Have any former JW's kept any beliefs ..

by MrsBee 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrsBee
    MrsBee

from your days as an active witness...

i.e.

The Trinity - I know some former JW's who still dont believe in the trinity, and cant fathom there being one
    Holidays - I mean, can you celebrate xmas without feeling guilty and if you celebrate xmas , do you celebrate it as Jesus' b-day.. (i didnt know the origin until a couple of years ago ) So I celebrate it as just a festive family day... Plus I LOVE to cook,
    Church - Can you go to another divisions church without thinking they got it all wrong or your JW teaching creeping back

or have you found yourself just believing in nothing anymore?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yep - no trinity, no hellfire, no immortal soul, xmas & Easter are pagan in origin etc

• anewme
    anewme

No trinity

I have no attachment to the holidays but do participate for the sake of others

Churches I feel are good for those who need them, though to me are clinics for the needy

Yesterday I thanked Jehovah when the sun came out. I stopped and questioned myself and then said oh so what? It felt good to thank somebody for that warm ray of sunshine.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I believe in a triune God but not in the Trinity that the WTBTS incorrectly defines for "Christendom."

I celebrate holidays:

Col 2:16 Therefore don’t let anyone judge you in regard to food and drink or in the matter of a festival or a new moon or a sabbath day.

I worship Jesus every day and join others several times a week to worship Him. In other words, Church.

• Shazard
    Shazard

I have never met any JW who knows what is trinity and understands what christians mean by it!

• cosmic
    cosmic

Yes. Indigo Children/Adults.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't believe in the trinity, not quite sure about the immortality of the soul, but I have no problems with mainstrean non cultic churches and with holidays.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I still believe religion is a snare and a racket . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit