JW's are very similar to Pharisees!!

by Richie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Richie
    Richie

After reading the book "Crisis of Conscience", I have now more than ever convinced that the JW's org is extremely similar to how the Pharisees were "ruling" immediately prior to Jesus' days on the earth.
    This book is written in a completely unbiased fashion yet showing all the facts and irregularities being perpretrated from the top hierarchy. It was portrayed by Raymond Franz in a extremely balanced manner for which I thank him profusely!!

Any comments would be welcome!!

:*) Richie

You are the music as long as the music last...............

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Welcome to the board Richie. Glad you've found COC and have started along the road to Christian freedom.

Many here have already started along this road and we've often talked about the books of Ray Franz mentioning them with gratitude.

I think on reflection you may conclude that it's not the JWs who are the Pharisees but the WTS leaders. From them 'trickle down' (to use a favourite expression of some of their reps) the rules and regulations that mean life or death to the R&F.

Keep walking along the road you have started my friend. Enjoy it!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Richie,

Don't forget that Ray Franz was a part of "Top Hierarchy."

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Ritchie:

IF you are a true newbie out of the Borg, you will soon understand that the JWorg consists of many heirarchical leadership positions manned by JWs who were promoted to such positions based on their successful emulation of "pharasaic traits".

You will also soon learn that it is far easier to take the JW out of the "Pharisees" than it is to take the "PharAsses" out of the former JW, depending on how far up the hierarchical ladder the former JW was able to climb.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

P U B L I C A N N O U N C E M E N T
    ======================================

OZZIEPOST AGREES WITH SIR FRED HALL

Don't forget that Ray Franz was a part of "Top Hierarchy."

Yes, Richie, don't forget it. So he knows what he's writing about. In other words, he has the goods on them! He knows what it's really like.

Thanks, Sir Fred for helping a newbie to see the 'truth'.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• Richie
    Richie

Thanks Ozzie for your post - I agree that most JW's as individuals are intrinsically good and humble people, however it is the continued control and manipulation of their "hierarchy" which makes that Organization highly suspect, in fact very similar as the Pharisees used to run theirs. True, Raymond Franz was part of that hierarchy once, but he did not sympathize with some of the directives of this dogmatic leadership, in fact he tried to amend, correct and enlight the Borg with scriptural reasonings from within the organization. Ray always took the Scriptures as the ultimate authority coupled with compassion for the individual witness rather than showing only regard for the "integrity" of the Borg by saving face because they were wrong in their "interpretations" of so many doctrines.
    If Ray would have remained with the Borg then he would have similarly been guilty of complicity and "apostasy".

• Richie
    Richie

To add to my comments about the absolute frankness and impartiality of Ray Franz is summed up by Dr. Ingemar Linden from Sweden when he said that "a common fault with authors who feel they have to disclose errors - real or imagined - within a movement they later have been forced to break with, are feelings of hatred and bitterness. You will find little of this in 'Crisis of Conscience'. To the contrary, the calm, objective tone awakens respect and admiration."

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Ritchie,

Welcome! Good point about Ray Franz--didn't the WTBS make a big mistake by kicking him out? He knows so much and is such a talented writer, that he can kick butt. plus, he's got the drive and discipline to author those tomes. The 2nd book, "In Search of Christian Freedom" is just as good and revealing.

Pat

• Richie
    Richie

I wish proplog2 would read the previous comments.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit