To the Insiders

by Grunt 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Grunt
    Grunt

Just on a personal note I would like to thank anyone and everyone that can tell me anything to expose the Jehovah's Witnesses for the cult that they are. I especially appreciate information from any who have dedicated enough years to gain responsibility and inside information within the cult. I appreciate it because no doubt with the investment of so much and discovery of the truth, comes much grief and regret. I profit from your time in, what you lost, and I thank you for sharing information bought with a coin so precious. If anyone is to bring down this cult it will be those with information on just what kind of dirty and illegal tricks have been pulled and are being pulled and just who could be held liable and how. It has been my experience that as soon as individuals stand to lose money or face jail time they quickly distance themselves from the the others in trouble and start taking care of their own problems and making deals. I would love nothing more than to see the individuals on the GB held liable and sued as well as the corp. I believe the individuals would sing like the Mormon Choir if they were facing jail time for themselves. I do believe there are many at the top who should be in prison. This cult is guilty of so many serious crimes.
    To me money would not be enough, they should do time for the lives lost over their lies and egos. It will be people of conscience like Barbara, and Silent Lambs who connect the dots if and when they are connected. Ray Franz did more with his books than any other individual has done to expose this cult, and I will always owe him a debt of gratitude. Even though I left before he did, also as a matter of conscience, it meant little to any other than my family. I didn't know enough, couldn't do enough to effect any change. What those of you who do know are doing is very important to so many. Please continue.
    As for revealing information, please don't if it harms anyone. On this board most of us use handles that are not our real names to conceal our identity. I try never to say anything here that could cost me my parents. I have given details about my daughter and how I lost her to the cult, that would identify me and that worried me after I posted it. Knowing her to be a Jehovah's Witness zealot I know she would never read on this board, but I wouldn't be surprised if some who know her do. I still have my parents, so far. I have no fear of the cult, their only power is their hostages. I would love to somehow get to the people in power who cause so much pain and their GB conference table and read them some of the cases of children's deaths, of divorces, of boys sent to prison and sodomized, of wives and children abused and their abuse covered over.... just before they were shackled and led away.
    I do however fear having my mom and dad die not speaking to me. I fear their needing help and refusing it from me, or needing to live with me and refusing. I fear their shunning, not as much for what it would do to me (though it would be awful) as much as what it would do to them. So I use a handle that reflects a part of my life without identifying me. As do most of you. Do any of you doubt that if we were identified we wouldn't lose our families, or at least what we have left of our families? I didn't think so. No vets do anyway.
    We have been to the wars. We have a common enemy. That enemy, in my opinion, is all cults, but in particular for me it is the cult that has cost me time out of my life, had me alienate good friends, and lose immediate family. That cult is of course Jehovah's Witnesses. It continues to deceive the uninformed, to persecute those who would dissent, and to deny any wrong doing. It continues to allow children to die and to be sexually abused, to encourage family ties to be sundered, marriages dissolved, and custody of innocent children from these shattered families to be fought for under false pretenses. It has lied to countries as well as individuals. Depression, suicide and divorce follow where it goes and it paints it all in rainbow colors of denial. It shrugs off all responsibility and has a company policy that telling a lie to protect the cult is not wrong, in fact telling the truth is casting their pearls before swine. That is the nature and identity of our enemy and they are rampant as I speak.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Grunt,

All this talk about 'inside information' or having special knowledge, due to attaining rank within the Wt hiearchy, is really somewhat of a 'mirage'.

The whole culture of the WT society is secretive in nature (for good reason). Publisher's, elder's, Co's, Do's all withhold information from one another. It is a 'need to know' almost military mindset.

The end result of this 'closed' culture, is that everyone seems to have a little knowledge of what is really going on, but very rarely are privy to the full story, on any given subject. That is why you and I have witnessed the almost ridiculous contradictions emanating from the 'society'. Perfect example is the Uk version of handling pedophiles, vs the US. It really is a case of the 'right hand not knowing.....blah blah.'

Hearsay is the name of the game in watchtower land. I was recently trying to tell some stories about Judge Rutherford to an interested party, I found myself facing the sad fact...that most of what I know is fact, cannot be verified by solid documentation because of the above 'secretive' culture. Not to mention that the average good jw, will do everything in thier power to 'scrub' thier brains of anything that might bring reproach on 'gods' organization.

So for all those trying to write about this religion and its various personalities, it is almoost a monumental task, to get confirmation of anything, not in print. A tough job to say the least.

***I do however fear having my mom and dad die not speaking to me. I fear their needing help and refusing it from me, or needing to live with me and refusing. I fear their shunning, not as much for what it would do to me (though it would be awful) as much as what it would do to them.***

This issue to me is the most important. It is the single most incidious destroyer of peoples lives, bar none. If ever this 'closed society' would open the door to dialouge between family member's who have seen 'the elephant', thier precious secrets would be secrets no more.

Enjoyed your comments.

DannyBear

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Grunt,

All I can say I share your feelings and understand your concerns.
    Your righteous indignation is a uniting bond for most here on this board.

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello Grunt,

A very heartfelt post you wrote. I'm sure many share your seniments. One quote from your post:

"I have no fear of the cult, their only power is their hostages".

.........hit home with me. I now make a few meetings a month ONLY because of my dear wife. She has been a "hostage" of the org all her life. If I DA'ed myself "they" would hurt her by shunning me and doing other devious little things that would make her feel bad. They would HURT the hostage, my wife, and the other hostages, her family.

This evil org does not have to use guns to keep it's hostages in their prisions, unless your born into it they use deception to get you to walk right in on your own. A responsible person takes responsability for his or her own actions but outright deception is unjust and must be remideed. Thanks to all who work to provide a remidee to the orgs deception and injustice.

CornerStone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit