Helping Simon

by larc 9 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Simon started this forum about a year and a half ago. When I came here last December, there were 350 people registered to post. Now there are over 2700. Over the time from the initiation of this forum, Simon's costs have increased. About three months ago, he made a modest request for financial assistance, and has never mentioned it since. At that time, he put "Paypal" at the top of the page for those who wanted to help out. At that time, I made a contribution, and I assume that others did as well. However, we have a way of forgetting the financial sacrifices our good friend Simon is making on our behalf. I am urging those of you who can afford it, to send something to Simon. Even if it is a small amount, but it is on a regular basis, to help him keep this thing going. We owe this man a debt of gratitude for giving us this place. For those of you who can't afford it, don't feel guilty. There were times in my life when I couldn't do anything for anybody. I just had enough to get by. I can do something now and I will. I am just asking the rest of the community to think about it.

• Tina
    Tina

Morning larc!
    Thank you for the reminder!hugs,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey larc,

I don't know how to do that embarrassed smiley icon or I would do a bunch of em!! Thanks for the reminder big time!!!

Dana

"I undid his head collar and took him outside for a drink, and felt, if not exactly a communion with him, at least an awareness of being a fellow creature on a lonely planet."

Dick Francis in "To The Hilt"

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks for the reminder larc.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

When this came up the first time, I suggested paying an appropriate amount which would cover perhaps 2 months or more.

I don't know the name of the thread, but we all sat calculating on the number of posters, about how much per month, per person. Wasn't much, may 6-10 per month.

My point was......we all forget. So by paying a couple of months at a time, we can forget for a while. Paypal works well, is easy, and if I can do it - anybody can.

Thanks for the reminder, Larc.

waiting

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

Welp, donated $10, I know it isnt much, but its more than I've ever donated to the society! hehehe

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

bttt.

good reminder!

• toddy
    toddy

How do i contribute?

• messenger
    messenger

Good question.
    After I reposted this I realized the Pay pal link is not up.
    Email simon and ask.

Simon ,
    Can you help us out here?

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it.

I've re-enabled the link at the top of the page.

Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit