Career change, well maybe....

by fullofdoubtnow 2 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

As those of you who have read some of my earlier posts may know, my ambition when I left University in 1981 was to be an English teacher, having gained a degree in English. Then the jws came a - knocking, I became a jw and kind of changed my ambitions, taking on part - time cleaning and/or office work so that I could spend more time in service and pioneer. It's only since leaving the wts that I have worked full - time, in the office where I have been working part time for several years.

Well, things could be about to change for me. On Monday 13th March I begin a week of shadowing a teacher at a local school, so maybe I will get to become a teacher, almost 25 years late! I am a little apprehensive, I must admit, but very, very excited as well. I guess during all those years as a jw, it was always at the back of my mind, wondering what might have been, and now I'm getting to live the dream, for a week anyway.I just want to thank all of you on here for the encouragement you have given me as I left the jws, especially katiekitten, who pm'd me a few months ago to put this idea back in my head, and dedpoet, who I love more than words can say, for pushing me into contacting the local schools to set next week up. I will let you know how it goes. In the meantime, wish me luck.

all my love

Linda

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

good luck Linda!

I am at a crossroads also, trying to decide to follow something I really want to do or just stick with the job I already have.

thanks for the update, let us know how it goes.

-freedomlover

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Linda,

I hope it's all you expect it to be. I wish you the best!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit