Could this affect us here?

by ICBehindtheCurtain 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I just saw this on Prison Planet, I was wondering what the effects on our anonymity might be if other states decide to follow suit? What to ya'll think?

NJ Bill will go after internet message boards - Can no longer post as "anonymous"

ASSEMBLY, No. 1327 STATE OF NEW JERSEY 212th LEGISLATURE PRE-FILED FOR INTRODUCTION IN THE 2006 SESSION - Sponsored by: Assemblyman PETER J. BIONDI District 16 (Morris and Somerset) - SYNOPSIS: Makes certain operators of interactive computer services and Internet service providers liable to persons injured by false or defamatory messages posted on public forum websites. As used in this act: "Information content provider" means any person or entity that is responsible, in whole or in part, for the creation or development of information provided through the Internet or any other interactive computer service. The operator of any interactive computer service or an Internet service provider shall establish, maintain and enforce a policy to require any information content provider who posts written messages on a public forum website either to be identified by a legal name and address, or to register a legal name and address with the operator of the interactive computer service or the Internet service provider through which the information content provider gains access to the interactive computer service or Internet, as appropriate. (This is an open attempt to CENSOR alternative news on the web! GET YOUR TORCHES & PITCHFORKS!!!) Read More

IC
  • Legolas
    Legolas
    or to register a legal name and address with the operator of the interactive computer service or the Internet service provider through which the information content provider gains access to the interactive computer service or Internet, as appropriate

No worries...as long as someone knows who you really are!

• anewme
    anewme

I dont get it.
    What are they saying?

Someone is trying to push legislation that forces forum participants to register their real names and addresses so that interested parties may sue the writer of defamation and not the website owner?

Hmmmmm

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I hope you're right Legolas

IC

• James Free
    James Free

For those who don't know - US law only applies in the US (Someone tell that to Bush)

If there were any security issues, the owner of this forum could relocate easily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit