The view from the other side of the door.

by Bgurltryal 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

Ok. I read somewhere on this site something about those who don't know about JWs fearing them so i thought,as someone who has always been 'worldly' I'd share what we really think of JWs.

First of all we do not fear you, we fear your visits. Basically you're ANNOYING!

Picture this; There you are happily going about your daily activities skipping joyeusly around your livingroom minding your own buisness and hark!, what's this? A knock at the door!
    Your heart jumps into your throat and your mind starts racing through all the possible options of who it might be.' Perhaps the UPS man has come to give me an unexpected package, or one of my friends is stopping by as a surprise. Or maaaaaaaybeeeeee I've won the publishers clearing house sweepstakes and it's Ed Mcmahen with my Million dollar check in all it's oversized cardboard glory.' And you rush to the door in great anticipation. And you slowly open the door.' whoisit?whoisit?whoisiiiiittt? Oh...it's you.'

There standing infront of me are two uninvited total stangers shoving their muddily colorful pamphlets in my face spouting about the evil of the world and how i can have enternal life blah blah blah. And you won't stop and no matter how politely i try to get you to leave you use these attempts to continue your quest to convert me and you engergiser bunny your way on, you just keep going and going and going and going and after a while i have completely toned you out and am now fixated on a piece of lint hanging off your jcket colar mentally rolling my eyes. Finnally my eyes start darting around looking for ANY way out and seriously contemplating just ambandoning my house and barreling though you, running down the street tearing my clothes off and yelling 'leave me alooooone! just LEAVE ME ALOOOOONEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! But i chose instead to rudely state 'Shut up!' and slam the door in your face leaving you with another excuse to beleive that all worldly people are drug ridden, promiscuous sluts with flimsly or non exhistant morals and you go on your merry way happy in the knowledge that they'll all be dead and burning at armagedon soon anyway.

Just to give an outside perspective since i don't think many people involved themselvs in the affars of JW and ex-JWs lives unless they themselvs belong to those groups.

As for fear of JWs i must admit learning MORE about the religion leaves me more nervouse of them than in my ignorance knowing that the religion lends itself to a very odd mentality from an outside perspective.

• LDH
    LDH

UMMMMMM hang around a little longer. I'm sure you'll notice most if not all of us, do NOT go from door to door any longer.

Please email me.
    Lisa

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

oh i know. My boyfiend is an ex...hence my being here. Just thought it might amuse some.

• Francois
    Francois

Energizer Bunny? Did someone say energizer bunny?

Do you know what happens when you put the batteries in an energizer bunny in backwards? He keeps coming, and coming, and coming....

Francois

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Bgurltryal:

You are in a unique position to give this DB your opinion as to the non-jw general public's interest in the upcoming Dateline expose about how JWs deal with child abuse on the organizational level, as well as how the general public will react to such.

How many people will watch? How many will reach for their remote?

• Moxy
    Moxy

yeah, thats a good question. how big a deal would the dateline presentation be to someone coming into the topic absolutely cold?

would it be like, 'how incredible. im going to remember this for next time they show up at the door.' or would it be 'who? what? what's on TSN?'

mox

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

I have posted opinions regarding door to door work recently. I have spent many hours in service and seen many reactions from those behind the doors. I was always careful when I felt that someone didn't want to speak to me, I quickly wrapped it up and left.

I have know so many witnesses that would almost put their foot in the door! We have to remember that as JWs, we look like the nutbars at the door. If someone came to my door preaching, I may be skeptical too. The JWs should be considerate. I have heard many in car groups that did not get a favorable response from the person at the door and the remarks I have heard bother me. They say things like"they don't want to hear the truth" or " they just don't have a love for God", things like that.

You can't expect people to just buy what you are saying that quickly!

Well, anyway, you get the picture. Have a nice day!

Thanks,

Vita

• sf
    sf

BWAHHHHHHHHHHROFLOL.....

Loved the lint thang! Do you, uh, yahoooooo?

sKally, "TheNakedApostate"

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal
    You are in a unique position to give this DB your opinion as to the non-jw general public's interest in the upcoming Dateline expose about how JWs deal with child abuse on the organizational level, as well as how the general public will react to such.

How many people will watch? How many will reach for their remote?

Hm...i thought about this a bit. I think the key is the pedofelia. regardless of what you beleive most people have children,borthers and sisters, friends' children etc. ect. so most people can relate to how awful an act it is. Everyone likes drama and controversy. I know i like to watch how this or that group has F'ed up. A form of morbid curiosity i suppose. Dateline is a reputable program that many people nationwide and i think certain other countries watch so, yes, i think it has the capability of reaching a great many people out there.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Bgurl...

Thanks for the perspective. I can remember going with another JW who could clearly hear a baby crying and yet persisted in her boring sermon. Had been with other really inconsiderate JWs too. And TALK, TALK, TALK! I remember thinking how bad it was to drone on like that, not involving the householder, just giving a monologue. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

And Welcome!

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit